The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Window power regulator popped, window fell down

9K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  FlamingGLH 
#1 ·
A few days ago, I was lowering the windows, and I heard a loud pop from the right side door. Window slid down a few inches and stayed there. I could hear the motor and gears turning when I activate the window switch, but the window would not move. So, When I got home, I taped the widow to the top with a couple straps of clear packing tape.
I now have a window motor regulator assembly on the way from eBay.
DoctorAutoParts, fixed price $38.95 plus $15.90 shipping. Thought it was a good price. We'll see how well it fits, and lasts.
Normally nowadays, I would bring the car to the local garage to be repaired. But I figured I could do this one. If it didn't go well, I wouldn't leave me stranded. The regulator should be here in a few days. In the mean time, I'm reading up on window motor replacements.

Things needed on the 97 van:
Belt tensioner.
Passenger window power motor/regulator
AC system repaired.
Head lights buffed, remove haze.

#2 ·
Well, decided to bring it to my local repair shop. Too hot outside to work on the car. Labor was fair at about $75, and they used my parts. Window works like a charm now.

#3 ·
You got lucky! (or I was unlucky...)

When my window regulator broke, my window went down all the way.... shattering upon impact with the bottom of the rail...

Let's say it's quite long to vaccumm all that glass from inside the door.

Did it all myself, not a hard job... just stressfull not to break the glass!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.