The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Cabin air Filter location...

31K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  mmahamm 
#1 ·
Can anyone explain or tell me where the cabin air filter is located for my van? Anyone have a pic?

#5 ·
Yes... I found the air filter, I think it was an option on all Caravan/T&C's...
Nope, not an OPTION. It was either Standard Equipment on the model or not at all. You could not order this as an Option. It is USUALLY on the Higher Line models with the 3 zone A/C. HOWEVER , do not quote me on that as exceptions are always there.

#6 ·
Seems to me we went round and round on this one, and there is still a lot of confusion as to what kinds of climate control systems were supposed to have it.

There are people who have vans with 3-zone manual climate control that have it, and some that don't have it, and there are vans with 3-zone automatic climate control that have it, and some that don't have it. I think we can say that if it's not a 3-zone system, it won't have it, but nothing is certain.

#7 ·
Seems to me we went round and round on this one, and there is still a lot of confusion as to what kinds of climate control systems were supposed to have it.
There are people who have vans with 3-zone manual climate control that have it, and some that don't have it, and there are vans with 3-zone automatic climate control that have it, and some that don't have it. I think we can say that if it's not a 3-zone system, it won't have it, but nothing is certain.
I have the 3 zone controls but NOT the digital display. (Someone suggested this is key) Mine does NOT have the filter, BUT I have a 2000 model also. I understand they started in 2000, but maybe most of the later models have the cabin filter.
I sure do wish mine had it! If you have allergies, it will make a big difference on a long trip.:ThumbsUp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.