No Heat

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: No Heat

Thanks

No Heat

I finally got my thermostat replaced, no leaks but there is still no heat. Do you think maybe the heater core is clogged? It just had a new radiator put in before I bought it so the coolant is fine in it and not in need of replacement. Is there a way I can unclog the heater core myself or should I take it to a shop. If I do need to take it to a shop how much should I expect to pay either to flush or replace it. Thank you everyone who helped me get the thermostat in. I plan on buying the tools I need to do the O2 sensor maybe this weekend. Oh, 95 Plymouth GV with 3.3L engine
    1995 Plymouth GV SE 203,512 miles 3.3 liter purchased 11/11/13 for $500

2005 Chrysler TC Touring 114,000 miles Purchased 11/2/13

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

Are the hoses in and out of the heater core hot? The vac check valve in the heater line needs to be open (no vac to small line) for coolant to flow.
    Your has a rear heater, is it getting hot? It uses the same check valve as the front.
    If you determine the heater core is plugged, you can try to clear it out with a garden hose. Keeping in mind that whatever might be in it could also be sealing up any leaks that could be hiding.
    Sometimes power flush=leak.
    2013 TC Limited Black/Graystone Custom ordered 5/13
    Luxury non Stow & Go buckets, Tow and almost everything else. Driven to 28 states so far. Exclusively our vacation/road trip ride.
    1994 Grand Caravan SE Sport, 3.3L, 339,000+ miles and counting. Original engine and trans. Bought it new and have driven it to 48 states. My daily driver.

Thanks

The rear heat seems to be colder than the front. It was 12 F this morning and I would estimate the front heat vent to be blowing about 30(depending on the outside temperature). I just went out and started the van and let the engine warm up and checked, the rear air seems to be colder than that coming out the front vent. It is still about 17 out, I may try to check the heater hoses later this afternoon when I get home if it warms up a bit first. I have to get the manual out and locate those hoses first. I know that they are small diameter hoses that go back to the firewall and I think they are similar to garden hoses in diameter, is that correct. So if the top hose is hot and the bottom hoses isn't, then that means the core is clogged. Is that correct?

Thanks

Also check your heater control valve! It's inline with the heater core . It's vaccuum control maybe clogged or not operating? I have 1991 voyager with front heat only and I get only around 110 degrees out of the vents in this weather!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John1425 View Post
    Also check your heater control valve! It's inline with the heater core . It's vaccuum control maybe clogged or not operating? I have 1991 voyager with front heat only and I get only around 110 degrees out of the vents in this weather!
    I was just reading another another post about that valve but it was in a Gen 4 vehicle I think so I wasn't sure the info applied to my van. Is this the inline valve with an arrow on it? And you are saying that there is a vacuum hose attached to it too? Thanks for the input.

Thanks

I would think a 1995 would have one. Yes it has a n arrow that indicates flow direction. It opens when you adjust your heat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h1bnUUZmd0

Thanks

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by greginky View Post
    I was just reading another another post about that valve but it was in a Gen 4 vehicle I think so I wasn't sure the info applied to my van. Is this the inline valve with an arrow on it? And you are saying that there is a vacuum hose attached to it too? Thanks for the input.
    You might recognize this photo better.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The important thing is to get heat; the valve has to be open. Meaning no vac to the small line and the spring tension is holding the lever down. You should be able to move this lever with your fingers.
    2013 TC Limited Black/Graystone Custom ordered 5/13
    Luxury non Stow & Go buckets, Tow and almost everything else. Driven to 28 states so far. Exclusively our vacation/road trip ride.
    1994 Grand Caravan SE Sport, 3.3L, 339,000+ miles and counting. Original engine and trans. Bought it new and have driven it to 48 states. My daily driver.

Thanks

Okay, I just went out to the garage and looked. All i had was a small light on my key chain so I couldn't see very well. Where exactly is this lever, I felt around and on the passenger side I could feel something like a lever behind the hoses. If that was it then I could not get it to budge. The vacuum line seemed to be okay. Does this lever move up and down? I could not find a spring either.
    Last edited by greginky; 12-12-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks

I found this photo on Auto Zone [IMG][/IMG] I will check it closer when I get home. I hope this is the problem because it is only $14 and doesn't appear too hard to put in.

Thanks

That vaccuum diapharm has a hose and if it's running with heat on that flap should be open. If you pull that vaccuum hose off I it should close. But it could be corroded inside or clooged.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply