New to the forum,......And I have a problem



ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: New to the forum,......And I have a problem

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    New to the forum,......And I have a problem

    Hello to all the members,.....glad to find such a fine forum on Minivans.

    My problem is w/ my 2003 Chrysler Voyager. I accidently (very stupidly I know) struck a reverse polarity arc while jump starting. Ever since then, none of the instrument panel lights come on. Everything else works. My question is,..is there a fuse somewhere else beside the fuse box under the hood ? I can't find any fuse labeled as "instrument panel/cluster" I don't have an owners manual either.

    Any help to remedy this problem will be apprecieated. Thanks

    Rich

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    1,295
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post


    Quote Originally Posted by Fishn View Post
    Hello to all the members,.....glad to find such a fine forum on Minivans.

    My problem is w/ my 2003 Chrysler Voyager. I accidently (very stupidly I know) struck a reverse polarity arc while jump starting. Ever since then, none of the instrument panel lights come on. Everything else works. My question is,..is there a fuse somewhere else beside the fuse box under the hood ? I can't find any fuse labeled as "instrument panel/cluster" I don't have an owners manual either.

    Any help to remedy this problem will be apprecieated. Thanks

    Rich
    Welcome Rich!

    It's very possible you've done damage to your body computer. I may be wrong (I hope I am) however I *think* all the lamp drivers are located within this computer.

    Do you have any warranty left?

    Kevin

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    128
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    I thought '02 was the last year the Voyager was made. Hm. Guess I was wrong
    When troubleshooting, always assume the simplest cause first!

    '02 Chrysler Voyager
    Short Wheel Base
    2.4L 3 Speed
    102,000 Miles

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    987
    Country: Users Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts


    I am sure you already checked this but make sure that the dimmer switch is not set to off.

    There is a fuse in your fuse box under the hood labeled "IOD" remove it for a couple of minutes then put it back and see if it fixes your problem.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    You have no idea how lucky you are. I did the same thing to a 1989 Grand Am a few years ago and fried the computer. All it took was 1/2 second arc. The car was totally disabled, I had to have it towed to a repair shop, and it cost $400 to fix.
    2001 Chrysler Town & Country, 3.8L V6, 64K miles.
    2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible, 2.7L V6, 37K miles.
    2001 Honda Goldwing GL1800 6-cyl, 16K miles.
    2001 Sugar Sands Tempo 16' jet boat, 175 HP Merc.

    Former vehicles:
    1998 Dodge Grand Caravan, 3.3 V6, 121K miles.
    1989 Bayliner Ciera 2755 Cruiser.
    1989 Pontiac Grand Am, 2.5L 4-cyl, 90K miles.
    1971 Grumman AA-1A Yankee 2-seat aircraft, 108 HP Lycoming.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Russia. Saratov
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by Fishn View Post
    Hello to all the members,.....glad to find such a fine forum on Minivans.

    My problem is w/ my 2003 Chrysler Voyager. I accidently (very stupidly I know) struck a reverse polarity arc while jump starting. Ever since then, none of the instrument panel lights come on. Everything else works. My question is,..is there a fuse somewhere else beside the fuse box under the hood ? I can't find any fuse labeled as "instrument panel/cluster" I don't have an owners manual either.

    Any help to remedy this problem will be apprecieated. Thanks

    Rich
    I can help with the documentation and wiring diagrams. It here:
    {removed link - copywright material}

    It is the full technical and service documentation. Electric schemes include. But very much great volume of files of archive (~90Mb). The archiver program (wrar350.exe) here -
    {removed link - copywright material}
    Last edited by AMD Rules; 07-19-2008 at 11:21 AM.
    White Chrysler Voyager 2002/2.4L

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Russia. Saratov
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    I think BCM do not damage. Different ligts on different wires - all at once will not go out. A FUSE 24 check up.
    Wiring diagram - http://www.chrysler-dodge.ru/pic/competition_13638.jpg
    Fuse module IPM - http://www.chrysler-dodge.ru/pic/competition_13637.jpg
    White Chrysler Voyager 2002/2.4L

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Police Interceptor View Post
    I am sure you already checked this but make sure that the dimmer switch is not set to off.

    There is a fuse in your fuse box under the hood labeled "IOD" remove it for a couple of minutes then put it back and see if it fixes your problem.
    Thanks to all who replied, and a special thanks to "Police Interceptor" who hit the nail right on the head,...about removing the "IOD" fuse. Much to my amazement, that fixed the problem completely ! I am so happy that I will be able to cancel the appointment w/ the Chrysler dealer next week. That would have made me very nervous, especially after they quoted a minumum $90 diagnostic fee, and would not quote me a maximum cost for the repair.

    Thanks again, and thanks for this fine forum.

    Rich

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    1,295
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post


    Quote Originally Posted by alkuz View Post
    I can help with the documentation and wiring diagrams. It here:
    {removed link - copywright material}
    It is the full technical and service documentation. Electric schemes include. But very much great volume of files of archive (~90Mb). The archiver program (wrar350.exe) here -
    {removed link - copywright material}

    WOW...that's a wealth of information!

    Thanks!
    Last edited by AMD Rules; 07-19-2008 at 11:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. New to Forum & have a big problem...I think
    By fro in forum 4th. Generation Chrysler Minivans: 2001-2007
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 09:51 AM
  2. 2008 Minivan Discussion Forum Merged with 5th Gen Forum
    By Glen Millar in forum Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Site News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 01:51 AM
  3. How Do You Like The New Forum??
    By Site Administrator in forum The Pollster Place
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 08:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts