FOB key replacement

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FOB key replacement

Thanks

FOB key replacement

Well with the first real trip with the 2014 van and the wife has already misplaced her key. What am I looking at for a replacement?

2014 AVP-SE

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Well with the first real trip with the 2014 van and the wife has already misplaced her key. What am I looking at for a replacement?
    From the dealer a few hundred bucks

Call your dealer and see if you can bring in your own new key to have them program it. If they are agreeable to this, you can get a new key or keys off ebay. The basic keys are about $20 and the remote keys are about $70. You would then need to bring all your keys and the van to the dealer to have them program them to work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UN4GTBL View Post
    From the dealer a few hundred bucks

Call your dealer and see if you can bring in your own new key to have them program it. If they are agreeable to this, you can get a new key or keys off ebay. The basic keys are about $20 and the remote keys are about $70. You would then need to bring all your keys and the van to the dealer to have them program them to work.
    Yes they quoted me a price of 200 and $225 for the key. Ridiculous. will query if they will program a key where do I find them on eBay what do I look for?

2014 AVP-SE

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Thanks

Yes they quoted me a price of 200 and $225 for the key. Ridiculous. will query if they will program a key where do I find them on eBay what do I look for?
    $200 just to program it? That's a rip off. My dealer only charged me $30 and I supplied my own "new" key (from ebay)

Just look for a 2014 Grand Caravan key with the same number of buttons as your current one. Look at the feedback of the seller as well before purchasing.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UN4GTBL For This Useful Post:

08GCSE (10-29-2013), Barbershop Pole (11-02-2013)

Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

no my mistake typing out reply no $200 they have not answered me yet as to their charge for programing.

2014 AVP-SE

Thanks

You were mentioning a basic key and also a remote key what is the difference? would the basic just start the vehicle and that would be it?

2014 AVP-SE

Thanks
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 921 Posts

A basic key is likely one that will unlock the doors but have no chip or remote. Then again a basic key could be one that has a chip but no remote functions.
    2007 GC SXT - Magnesium - S&G - 3.8L - 112,920 kms
    2002 GC Sport - Stone White - 3.3L - 311,200 kms
    2003 Jeep TJ Sport - 4.0L - 251,430 kms

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeepman For This Useful Post:

08GCSE (10-29-2013)

Thanks

You were mentioning a basic key and also a remote key what is the difference? would the basic just start the vehicle and that would be it?
    Ones that work for 2011+ will work for the 13's and 14's as well. Here is the difference. I believe you have the base FOBIK key with Lock, Unlock and Panic on your 14.

Basic Key

FOBIK

According to the Chrysler published Labor rates "programming a Fobik" is .75 hours of labor. So if their labor rate is $100/hr, Fobik programming is $75 (which is still insane) $200... I hope their giving you some lube with that *** pounding... INSANE
    2013 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T
    Billet Silver
    430N Garmin Navigation, Driver Convenience,
    Safety Sphere, Dual Screen Blu Ray
    Load Level, Trailer Tow, Black Side Roof Rails
    9 Speaker 506 Watt Sound System

13 Chrysler Town & Country Touring
    13 Chrysler 200s
    08 Dodge Grand Caravan SE
    07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo X
    07 Dodge Caliber R/T
    06 Jeep Liberty Sport Special Edition
    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    97 Dodge Stratus ES V6
    96 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 08GCSE For This Useful Post:

UN4GTBL (10-30-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 08GCSE View Post
    Ones that work for 2011+ will work for the 13's and 14's as well. Here is the difference. I believe you have the base FOBIK key with Lock, Unlock and Panic on your 14.

Basic Key

FOBIK

According to the Chrysler published Labor rates "programming a Fobik" is .75 hours of labor. So if their labor rate is $100/hr, Fobik programming is $75 (which is still insane) $200... I hope their giving you some lube with that *** pounding... INSANE
    No again I was entering info on my smartphone and it was not so smart no $200 for programming. not sure what it is yet.
    are the prices you quoted from off eBay?

2014 AVP-SE

Thanks

No again I was entering info on my smartphone and it was not so smart no $200 for programming. not sure what it is yet.
    are the prices you quoted from off eBay?

If they quoted you $200... $125 I believe is MSRP for the FOBIK, so thats $75 for programming... Keep us updated

Yes screenshot's were just taken off of ebay a few minutes ago, so they are fairly accurate.
    2013 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T
    Billet Silver
    430N Garmin Navigation, Driver Convenience,
    Safety Sphere, Dual Screen Blu Ray
    Load Level, Trailer Tow, Black Side Roof Rails
    9 Speaker 506 Watt Sound System

13 Chrysler Town & Country Touring
    13 Chrysler 200s
    08 Dodge Grand Caravan SE
    07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo X
    07 Dodge Caliber R/T
    06 Jeep Liberty Sport Special Edition