A604 Valve body diagram

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A604 Valve body diagram

Thanks

A604 Valve body diagram

Does anyone have an assembly diagram for the valve body on 1997 A604? What I need is the location of all the spring stoppers, springs, valves and such. My tranny was rebuilt before me ones already and I think they assembled the valve body incorrectly. I would like to take it apart and make sure that everything is in the correct positions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

My alldatadiy.com account has diagrams of the valve body (but the alldatadiy terms and conditions mean I can't copy them here). But I'm not sure that it is much more detailed than you'd find in your manual. It shows the locations of check balls and springs and a rough diagram of the few hydraulic valves that it does have.

On your previous post re. what sounded like air getting in the fluid, I'd agree with whoever said to check the filter -- I would think that would be the most likely place air would get in - at the o-ring or seal around the filter neck. Air is also more likely to get pulled in when the fluid is thicker.

- G
    1998 Grand Voyager @282,000mi, 3.3L FFV V6

Thanks

Well I took the pan off tonight and the filter seemed to be on there ok. I pulled the valve body and remembered something. When I did the rebuilt, I found that the snap ring that hold the low/reverse piston in place broke apart at the ends and is now next to impossible to remove. That was the only piston that I haven't changed the seals on. Is it possible for the air to be getting in there and causing the sound?

The sound is like a squeaking but disappears as soon as the car shifts into 2nd. It is also more pronounced when I shift the gear into reverse, sounds kinda like a clunk with a squeak.

+ Reply to Thread