The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Remove 2003 power steering reservoir

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Hokiefyd 
#1 ·
HELP, I'm stuck.

I am in the process of replacing the ignition coil on my 2003 T&C, 3.8L, but first I must move the power steering reservoir out of the way. My Haynes manual says to remove the two bolts that fasten the PS reservoir bracket to the engine, which I have done.

The next step says to "Loosen, but don't remove. the single nut. Lift the reservoir up & disengage the lower mount from the stud." I must be blind because I cannot find the "single nut" to loosen and therefore I can't lift the PS reservoir off the stud. It looks like it should be simple to do, but where is the nut they mention???

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
THANKS!

#2 ·
By using a mirror, I have found the "single nut". It is on back side of the bracket, below the PS reservoir and totally out of each of anything except a socket on an extension. It is in a very awkward position but I have been able to get a socket to it, but nothing I have seems to fit. I have tried an 8, 9 & 10 MM and a 3/8" but none seem to fit. Does anyone know what size of socket it takes and I will go buy one??? Needless to say this was poorly engineered. :angry:

#3 ·
:biggrin: Finally was able to get a 10mm socket on a 6" extension to loosen the "single nut". Once that was done it was a piece of cake to change out the coil.

Hope this helps someone else that runs into this problem. What a pain in the you know what!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.