The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

RB1 Navigation Radio Splash/Logo Screen Reset

21K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  blupupher 
#1 ·
How do I change the power-on screen logo from JEEP to CHRYSLER on the RB1 navigation radio?
My RB1 part number is 56038629AH.
I purchased it from and individual who said it came out of a 2006 T&C with 4,000 miles.
I've installed it in my new 2006 T&C ('new' ~ arrived at dealer prior to January 2006, I bought it in January 2007).
When I first put it in and powered it up it showed the Chrysler logo.
Then, and every time since then, when I turn it on it shows JEEP.
I tried disconnecting the battery and leaving it disconnected for 45 minutes, then reconnected it, but the Radio still shows the 'JEEP' on the screen.
It has been installed for a week now, but still shows JEEP when powered on.
Can anyone help?

#2 ·
That seems unusual to me. Normally with modern cars, not much stuff is actually stored by the radio anymore. I know with my Cadillac, the radio doesn't even keep the time -- the body control computer does that. I don't know about these vans...apparently the splash screen logo is stored in the radio itself. You may have to visit the dealer to have them "reflash" the radio with the proper software? I don't even know if they'd do that.

Sorry I have no further info. :(

#8 ·
Well, you won't be able to post a question from that link... that's simply the search results page. And I'm sorry if you knew that already.

To be blunt, I'm not registered on that site, so I do not have posting priviledges, so I can't direct you to a particular spot.

But I'd put even money that after you've registered, and go to the main forums section, you'll find a Post button.

#9 ·
Real Slim Shady: I registered on the reference forum and yet could not find a place to post.
There is lots of good info out there, but no one has posted the same issue that I have.
I've been told by others that the splash logo is stored in the radio, and the radio communicates with the vehicle's PCM to determine what 'brand' car it is installed. It can be Dodge, Chrysler or Jeep. One respondant on another forum told me that the radio has to be one revision higher; another told me I probably have a Jeep PCM in the car. Both doesn't seem logical - it came out of a 2006 Chrysler minivan, and my minivan is a new 2006.
Anybody got any more ideas?

#11 ·
The RB1 that I had trouble with was part number 56038629AH. I purchased another one with part Number 56038629AI, and sold the "H" one on e-bay. The next level part number "I" resolved my problem. I warned the buyer of my "H" part number of the problem, but he installed it in a 2005 T&C and it worked OK.
Regards,
Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.