97 T&C roaring noise in rear

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 97 T&C roaring noise in rear

Thanks

97 T&C roaring noise in rear

I have a 97 t&c lx 3.8L i changed both rear wheel bearing assemblies thinking they were going bad with 244.000 miles on them but the roaring is still there. Anyone have any idea what else would be causing this? Also i replaced the fuel pump 1 1/2yrs ago but when the fuel gauge is down to a 1/4 tank the van will run out of fuel. Gauge was reading correctly before pump was replaced so i know its not the gauge itself, any ideas on this? Any info is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

Regarding the roaring issue... What condition are your rear tyres in? The reason I'm asking is that I experienced a similar issue and upon further inspection on of my rear tyres was out of shape witch was coursing a lot of road noise inside the van making me think it was wheel bearings!!! Can't help with fuel gauge issue, but I'm thinking of a sticking sensor!!!!
    Chrysler grand voyager 1998 3.3 LE.
    86874 miles on the clock with no real problems to mention..

2001 Peugeot 307 (petrol) 46039 miles on the clock.

Thanks

It stinks but the fuel pump assembly contains the fuel sending unit to the fuel gauge. You will need to replace the pump assembly again or live with it.

+ Reply to Thread