The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Cabin Air Filter 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan W/Dual AC

67K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Jeepman 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 dodge grand caravan and am getting mixed feedback on whether or not it has a cabin air filter. The owners manual says it has one, but I have read some threads that seem to indicate that it might not.

If it has one I cannot locate where it could be. Can anyone shed some light on this topic?

Thanks
Mike

#4 ·
It is located in the front passengers footwell under the dash. Removal is as the previous posted pic. shows.
KC.

#5 ·
We have not found any solid pattern on what vans got them and what van's didn't. According to the service manual, ALL vans with 3-zone systems have HVAC filters. According to the 2003 sales brochure, ONLY vans with the DIGITAL (electronic) 3-zone systems have HVAC filters. Our experience has been somewhere in the middle. I think everyone with an electronic HVAC has a filter, and many with manual 3-zone systems also have the filter.

Our 2003 with manual 3-zone does NOT have a filter. If your 2003 doesn't have it either, you are not alone.

#6 ·
I agree with Jason that a FIRM pattern has not been found. I think it is more so , right on, with the 2001. However , the newer ones are in the 'Your guess is as good as our's" area. With trying to save a $$, small , usually almost unnoticable features are gradually left off , usually noteven noticed until a following year , OR By members of this Fourm. Just like when they stopped putting the heater grid across the bottom of the windshield somewhere in 2002-2003. What a great feature, too bad it was cut.

#9 ·
Adding cabin air filter

I was just helping my 85 yr old father buy a 2007 Dodge Caravan SXT (shortie) which we pick up tomorrow and we paid the dealer to add the cabin air filter.

Not sure if this is correct but it looks like from my research that in the 2007's only the Grand edition Town and Country with ATC Air conditioning have the cabin filter.

I will have more details after I review the installation with the Tech who put it in.

He said he found the procedure complete with photos on the web and that there were 2 ways to do it. it could be an internal Chrysler web document because I was unable to find anything with Google or Yahoo.

#10 ·
I think there's a posting on this forum about how to do that. Do a search.

#11 ·
Convert 2001-2007 Caravans to Cabin filters

I did a search and could not find any links to cabin air filter conversions on these vans. My 85 yr father did buy the 2007 Caravan SXT and the dealer did a very nice job converting it to add the cabin air filter to the dual zone A/C system.

The photos and procedure were found by the Service Manager on a Chrysler web site which I am sure is only available to dealers. I have the photos and have scanned them. If you want them E:Mail me.

The service tech said it took him about 3 hours. Our total cost including a new access door from parts was just over $300 Canadian.

Everything was done in car with only the glove box removed. it should be very easy for any patient person to do this way.

#16 ·
For the 4th Generation, if your vehicle has a cabin filter, most don't, it's after and to the left of the blower motor, whereas most cabin filters are mounted before the blower. The mice have to go past the blower motor cage to nipple on the filter. Sometimes they never return. Heard a mouse squeal once. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.