The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Engine Rattle/knock when acc from low speed

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DSMLVR 
#1 ·
I dont drive my 05 TC Limited too much (wifes).
But I am noticing an increase in the rattling when only accelerating from a stop or at low speeds. anyone else have this? Also a puff of blue smoke from exhaust when accelerating from a stop.

R Rowe
2005 TC Limited, 19,500mls

#2 ·
Wow. Very un-normal for a 3.3/3.8 engine to exhibit that type of symptom. The blue smoke indicates wear on the valve seals or stems, and the rattling noise could be related. Because the mileage is so low, I'd be worried of a part that's way out of tolerance, and possibly ready to fail. I'd get it in as soon as I could.

#3 ·
engine

Rowe05TC said:
I dont drive my 05 TC Limited too much (wifes).
But I am noticing an increase in the rattling when only accelerating from a stop or at low speeds. anyone else have this? Also a puff of blue smoke from exhaust when accelerating from a stop.

R Rowe
2005 TC Limited, 19,500mls

Yeah this is not good this early . Better start getting your oil change receipts in hand , only a rebuild will fix this problem . Is the oil level ok and does it get checked regularly ? This is very rare on these engines . A lot of these will go 200000 miles without a problem.

#4 ·
Definitely not a usual problem with these engines. I would make an appointment IMMEDIATELY and have them check it out. The more you drive it, the more damage you may be incuring. They SHOULD take care of all of it under warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.