The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Power Windows

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Samc 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 town and country. At first both front windows would roll down and not up, but now they wont do anything. I find it hard to believe that the motors would be bad on both windows at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Hold a switch up or down, slam the door and see if one comes alive. The fact just the front windows aren't working eliminates the FCM, relay, fuse, and circuit breaker. That leaves the drivers door switch assembly that distributes power to all the windows, the wiring and the motors. You'll have to take a trim panel off and check for voltage at a motor. If it's there the motor is toast. If it's not your looking at wiring or the switch panel.

#3 · (Edited)
You already received everything you need to know from RIP, but I'll just add one thing that might help you figure this out. Over the past 6 years or so, our van had isolated incidents of the driver-side window going down, but not back up (but then going back up on a retry after just a very short amout of driving). But this has been REALLY infrequent - maybe once per year, and also not happened probably within the past 2 years. I was going to open up the door to have a look but just haven't been able to get one of those blasted round-to-its :smile:
I believe mine is the wiring or switch, and it sounds like yours might be the same. Hopefully on yours it will be a quick and easy fix!

#5 ·
My driver's side quit (went down, stayed there), I ordered up a new Dorman mechanism (miserable to install) on Amazon for about $60, next week passenger side started moving slowly, I pulled the panel and greased the tracks and voila! works great! Might have been able to salvage driver's side with a little grease, but.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.