Blind Spot Warning Indicator

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Blind Spot Warning Indicator

Thanks

Blind Spot Warning Indicator

Over the past 3 weeks or so my Blind Spot Warning system has intermittently stopped working. When it happens the EVIC will chime and display a message to the effect that the Blind Spot Warning System is unavailable. The left hand review mirror triangle will illuminate constantly.

Usually the mirror triangle will go out in several minutes and everything works normally again. Today it was non-functional for at least 10 minutes at which time I had reached my destination. I turned the vehicle off, waited 10-15 seconds and started it again, and the Blind Spot system was still inoperable. I returned to the vehicle several hours later, and it has worked normal since.

BTW, it doesn't seem to make any difference whether the van is dirty or clean.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is it setting any codes that would help the dealer find the problem without doing a trial and error exercise?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

We don't have it on our van, but I think your best bet would be to try and get a picture or video of it happening the next time that it happens (Pull over and get this) and then you can show it to the dealer.

Hopefully its something simple

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UN4GTBL For This Useful Post:

ajosephg (11-16-2012), tynkrbelle82 (11-18-2012)

Thanks

Be hard to photograph, because the message only stays up for about 5 seconds. The left side mirror triangle light stays on continuously as long as the fault exists.

Thanks

Silly question, but have you tried to update your radio firmware/software lately? I know it will disable the detection during the update process of the radio. Maybe the update didn't take effect? Also, maybe you could do a factory default reset on the radio? I am speaking of a 730N, you may not have the 730. Just a thought.
    Roll Tide Roll!!

2012 Town and Country Touring-L
    730N, Uconnect Web, Dual Screen DVD, Second Row Fixed Bucket
    Customer Preferred Package, Premium Group

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bamatnc For This Useful Post:

ajosephg (11-16-2012), UN4GTBL (11-17-2012)

Thanks

I have a 430 (RBZ) radio so it won't be doing any updating.

Thanks

I had this happen twice. Once last winter, on an extremely slushy day, when a buildup of slush and ice accumulated over the sensor on the rear drivers side bumper. I ran it through the car wash the same afternoon to clean it off, and after restarting, had no problems. The second time was this past summer, driving from Buffalo, NY to Indianapolis, IN. I was in the far left lane, and there was a concrete barrier pretty close on the left, and tractor trailer on the right. Not sure if the sensors were bouncing signals off both objects and detecting each other, making it detect something was wrong, but we stopped for gas 15-20 minutes later and when I restarted, everything was fine. It has never happened since for me. I do know what your talking about however, I had the same message appear on my EVIC. I try to keep my van immaculately clean, and wash it 3+ times week, if that helps..

-Chris

2011 Chrysler Town & Country Limited w/ 730N (RHR) - Silver / Black
    Front Tint 20%, Huskyliner Mats - All 3 Rows, Lighting Upgrades

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajosephg View Post
    Be hard to photograph, because the message only stays up for about 5 seconds. The left side mirror triangle light stays on continuously as long as the fault exists.
    Oh, scratch that then!

Does it store it in the "messages" area?

Thanks

No, it doesn't store in the message area. The last time it happened was 2 days ago one day after it was washed and still squeaky clean.

Thanks

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajosephg View Post
    No, it doesn't store in the message area. The last time it happened was 2 days ago one day after it was washed and still squeaky clean.
    Just food for thought... Just because the "outside" of the bumper is clean, doesnt mean the "inside" of the bumper is clean... (so the area between the bumper and the metal rear quarter panel where the BSM sensor is located) If there is dirt or debris between there (excessive roadspray, gravel dust, dirt, etc) it CAN effect the operation of those sensors... By NO MEANS am I saying to take off your bumber cover, but see if you can get on the ground and look up (move splash shield) if you need to and see if that area is clean!
    2013 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T
    Billet Silver
    430N Garmin Navigation, Driver Convenience,
    Safety Sphere, Dual Screen Blu Ray
    Load Level, Trailer Tow, Black Side Roof Rails
    9 Speaker 506 Watt Sound System

13 Chrysler Town & Country Touring
    13 Chrysler 200s
    08 Dodge Grand Caravan SE
    07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo X
    07 Dodge Caliber R/T
    06 Jeep Liberty Sport Special Edition
    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    97 Dodge Stratus ES V6
    96 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 08GCSE For This Useful Post:

ajosephg (11-18-2012), UN4GTBL (11-19-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 08GCSE View Post
    Just food for thought... Just because the "outside" of the bumper is clean, doesnt mean the "inside" of the bumper is clean... (so the area between the bumper and the metal rear quarter panel where the BSM sensor is located) If there is dirt or debris between there (excessive roadspray, gravel dust, dirt, etc) it CAN effect the operation of those sensors... By NO MEANS am I saying to take off your bumber cover, but see if you can get on the ground and look up (move splash shield) if you need to and see if that area is clean!
    Good idea... It's worth a shot before heading off to the dealership...

2011 Chrysler Town & Country Limited w/ 730N (RHR) - Silver / Black
    Front Tint 20%, Huskyliner Mats - All 3 Rows, Lighting Upgrades

+ Reply to Thread