Need help with 2008 3.8l serptentine belt diagram route

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help with 2008 3.8l serptentine belt diagram route

Thanks

Need help with 2008 3.8l serptentine belt diagram route

I am in need of some help and I hope someone on the forum can help me out. Like a fool I took off the old serpentine belt and did not note the route of it. Now I am in the process of putting the new belt on and I do not know the routing of it. The auto parts store have a diagram but it not even close to what the van looks like. Can someone please post a diagram from the shop manual on the routing of the belt. You will be a life saver. Thanks.
    2008 Clearwater Blue Touring

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

Isn't there a diagram somewhere in the engine compartment or did they stop doing that?
    2014 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, 3.6, 700 miles
    2013 Ford Flex SEL 3.5 (hers)17k miles
    2008 Dodge Grand Caravan (Rehab cab) 3.8 65kmiles
    Long gone but not forgotten
    93 Mustang convert 5.0 5spd
    64 Olds F85 Cutlass convert 330 ci
    2005 Chrysler Sebring Convert(traded in on the Ford Flex)
    2002 Town and Country traded in for Dodge GC
    1995 F150 sold to a neighbor.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fred Spanuello For This Useful Post:

starchy (10-07-2012)

Thanks

There is a big label with a very clear diagram on the upper part of the grill assembly just next to the opening for the radiator cap. As you are opening the hood and propping it up, look straight down and you will see it. If you can't find it or it's missing, I will attempt to take a picture of it for you.

C.B.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cbwilsha View Post
    There is a big label with a very clear diagram on the upper part of the grill assembly just next to the opening for the radiator cap. As you are opening the hood and propping it up, look straight down and you will see it. If you can't find it or it's missing, I will attempt to take a picture of it for you.

C.B.
    No I do not have a sticker. If you could please take a picture. I would appreciate very much.

Thanks

I'll be glad to do that but my camera battery is dead and will have to charge first so it will be tomorrow before I can post a picture. If no one else has posted a reference by then, I will post a picture. I don't understand why they would quit putting such a helpful guide under the hood as they and all other companies of my various vehicles do. Mine, BTW, is a 2005 T&C 3.3L but the diagram shows also 3.8 routing for 2005. I assume it will be the same.
    C.B.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cbwilsha For This Useful Post:

starchy (10-07-2012)

Thanks

Okay I finally got it. The diagrams at the parts store were all wrong (Gates diagram 7-69). For anyone in the future the belt goes on like this: Around the water pump in the upper back of engine to the alternator which is in the upper front. Then around the alternator to the belt guide. Around the belt guide to the ps pump. Around the ps pump to the ac pump. Around the ac pump to the idler pulley. Over the idler pully to the crankstaft. Around the crankshaft to the water pump. I hope that helps anyone that finds them in the same situation I was in. It would be best to draw a quick diagram. I know lesson learned. I should have done that first. Thanks for all the replies to my problem.

Thanks

Okay I have made a crude diagram of the belt route for a 3.8l engine. My previous route description was inaccurate. Here is the route: The water pump is at the back above the cranksaft. From the water pump go to the alternator. Around the alternator to the idler pully. Go around the idler to the power steering pump. Now go down to the a/c pump. Around the a/c pump up to the tensioner. Go around the tensioner and down to the crankshaft. Go around the crankshaft and up to the water pump. Hopefully this will help someone as the parts stores had the wrong diagram for my setup.
    Attached Images

Thanks

Here is the pic from my 2005 and it is different from your diagram.

C.B.
    Attached Images

Thanks

I have the same sign as C.B in my car a 04

Skickat från min MT15i via Tapatalk 2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cbwilsha View Post
    Here is the pic from my 2005 and it is different from your diagram.

C.B.
    C.B. That is the same diagram I got from the auto stores. In the owners manual it does not have a diagram and if my car had a sticker under the hood it is no longer there. Why Chrysler would not put a diagam in the owners manual is beyond me.

+ Reply to Thread