Radio and clock fuse for 2005 Grand Caravan 3.3 L.

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Radio and clock fuse for 2005 Grand Caravan 3.3 L.

Thanks

Radio and clock fuse for 2005 Grand Caravan 3.3 L.

My sister has a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan. The clock and the radio (perhaps some other things) stopped working. My brother looked for a fuse for it but didn't find one. The owner's manual shows only the fuse box by the battery, but I suspect there is also one inside. I cannot find it. Does anyone on the forum know where the fuses would be? Thank you very much for any information.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

All the (user serviceable) fuses, relays and circuit breakers are in the power distribution center under the hood..
    Have you tried removing the battery cable or at least taking out the IOD fuse to reset the electronics?
    relevant vehicle: '05 -=C=- T&C Ltd @~110K

Thanks

The power distribution system for this vehicle consists of the following components:

Integrated Power Module (IPM)
    Front Control Module (FCM)
    Power Outlets

The power distribution system also incorporates various types of circuit control and protection features, including:

Automatic resetting circuit breakers
    Blade-type fuses
    Bus bars
    Cartridge fuses
    Circuit splice blocks
    Flashers
    Fusible links
    Relays
    The power distribution system for this vehicle is designed to provide safe, reliable, and centralized distribution points for the electrical current required to operate all of the many standard and optional factory-installed electrical and electronic powertrain, chassis, safety, security, comfort and convenience systems. At the same time, the power distribution system was designed to provide ready access to these electrical distribution points for the vehicle technician to use when conducting diagnosis and repair of faulty circuits. The power distribution system can also prove useful for the sourcing of additional electrical circuits that may be required to provide the electrical current needed to operate many accessories that the vehicle owner may choose to have installed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ChryslerCares For This Useful Post:

civie (09-12-2012)

Thanks

Thank you for that information. I will tell my brother (he is closer in miles to my sister). I appreciate your response.

Thanks

2005 Dadge Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by civie View Post
    My sister has a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan. The clock and the radio (perhaps some other things) stopped working. My brother looked for a fuse for it but didn't find one. The owner's manual shows only the fuse box by the battery, but I suspect there is also one inside. I cannot find it. Does anyone on the forum know where the fuses would be? Thank you very much for any information.
    About a year ago my locks stopped working. I did the IOD pull fuse thing and wosh all good. Now upon start up my 3 gauges go full till then come back and about 10 seconds later all my dashboard test lights come on. My radio does not work.
    When I shut the van off the electronics stay on for about 10 seconds now. My electronic door locks do not work

I have done the IOD thing but no luck this time.

I have pulled the IOD thing and disconnected the battery no luck

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Jimm
    Nova Scotia

Thanks

Pull off the front fuse box and look for corroded wires underneath. I'd also check the battery condition because when they start to get old the van can do the 'guage dance' you're experiencing.
    Harold in New Jersey

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 3.3

Thanks

Hi Harold,

I greatly appreciate your advice. I will check that these next few days before going to work.

Thanks again

+ Reply to Thread