The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Retro fitting...

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  bettes 
#1 ·
How easy would it be to retro fit cruise control, power doors and power tail lift to a '04 voyager 2.5 SE CRD?

As none of this is standard on the SE was hoping it would be possible to retro fit, any ideas?

#4 ·
Cruise control is available via aftermarket accessories. may be possible to add the module, but will require the dealer to program the computer to use it. Power sliding doors are the same, you'll need to get all the parts from a donor (if you've got the wire harnesses in place), and program the computer. The lift gate is a different story, as it appears that the frame is different where the motor and controls fit to the van. There is also extra circuitry in the liftgate itself that would need to be wired in.

#5 ·
cruise is dead easy. just fit the buttons and wiring harness behind the steering wheel. shouldn't cost more than 30 squids from the breakers. no programing needed! the bcm will auto learn it after switching it on and off 3 times. but i would forget about the sliding doors and boot opener. to begin with you'll have to upgrade your bcm, fit the new moduales, wiring, sensors... would be a lot cheaper to trade it in for a limited.

rgz, ian

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll just do the cruise then. Was only asking if it was all possiblr as on my omega cd, all the additional accessories it didn't have were just plug and play so was easy to do everything.

#7 ·
The cruise will still need the vacuum servo setup installed in the engine compartment. Only cars with drive by wire can be added as easily as adding buttons.

#8 ·
on the 4th gens, the servo is present even in the bog standard se models. in the 3rd gens you had to fit the servo aswell. unless we were talking about diesels. thay came with the servo fitted.
please note, i'm only refereing to european models. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.