Auto lock activation

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auto lock activation

Thanks

Unhappy Auto lock activation

I need help how to activate the autolock at 15 mph.
    1993 Chrysler T&C. Tried the on & off 4-times, it is not happening.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

Is there a procedure in the manual? Do you have an OEM Factory Service manual? Those are my only two thoughts....I don't have it on my Caravan, since it's not a high end version by any means.

Another thought, turn the locks on, then remove the battery cable, let sit for 30 seconds, then put the cable back on....best guesses here. I don't have children, so I don't worry about it.
    Richard

92 Dodge Caravan - 3.0 Autopuke
    5 other cars in my collection...believe me I have to many projects

Thanks

it is on and off 4 times and then you have to lock your car using power lock button on your doors. then it should work.

this guide imho works only if you have overhead console with trip computer. if you don't, you have to go to repairshop and have it activated using diagnostics but is should work since you have TC.

edit: http://www.ehow.com/how_4423279_set-...h-voyager.html

Chryslers and Skodas I have or had in the past
    My current daily-driver is: Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.3 LE 1995 ex-AWD
    Mine oldtimer

Thanks

I have tried the on & off procedure several times with no luck. I do have a digital dash with overhead trip computer. The service manual does not give the how to do. It does however mention the use of DRB-II.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by voyager1993 View Post
    I have tried the on & off procedure several times with no luck. I do have a digital dash with overhead trip computer. The service manual does not give the how to do. It does however mention the use of DRB-II.
    It is in the owner's manual, it's not just on & off, it's a combination of on & off along with hitting the power lock button on the driver's door. Apologies if you already know this. It's not clear by your reference that you are doing anything more than just cycling the key on and off. You don't need a service manual, just an owner's manual.

I don't remember the exact procedure from the 2nd gen, but IIRC it is essentially unchanged between that vehicle and the 4th generation. The biggest difference might be that in the 2nd gen, the horn beeps, or the locks lock to tell you you are done, and on the 4th generation, there is a chime. The first three steps for the 4th gen are as follows:
    1. Close all doors and place the key in the ignition switch.
    2. Cycle the ignition switch ON/OFF four times ending in the OFF position. (do not start the engine)
    3. Within 10 seconds of the final cycle, press the interior driver’s door lock switch to the LOCK position.
    After that, as I mentioned above, there is some kind of indicator that you were successful (either the lock actuates or the horn beeps, I can't remember which). On the 4th gen it's a chime, but I don't remember it being the chime on my '95.

Hope this helps.
    Michael
    Centreville, VA
    Currently driving:
    2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, 120K mi.
    Former owner of:
    1988 Dodge Caravan SE, 2.5L I4 (1988-1995, 99K mi); 1995 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE "Rallye", 3.3L (1995-2004, 169K mi); 2003 Grand Caravan Sport, 3.8L, (2004-2008, 106K mi), 2008 Nissan Quest, (2008-2010, 25K mi)

Other vehicles:
    2008 Lexus RX400h (Dark Gray), 98K mi; 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT (Blue), 75K mi

Thanks

i told him about hitting the button already... and I believe it doesnt indicate at all on 2nd gen

Chryslers and Skodas I have or had in the past
    My current daily-driver is: Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.3 LE 1995 ex-AWD
    Mine oldtimer

Thanks

Thanks mmahamm,

I tried the procedure several times very carefully. I do not hear any confirmation sound from horn and/or chime, and the auto lock not being activated. I just hate to spend $$$$ for DRB-II or similar scan tools.

+ Reply to Thread