Front blower motor intermittent

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Front blower motor intermittent

Thanks

Front blower motor intermittent

Just wanted to post my experience with this problem. The problem started at the end of the summer when I lost all blower motor speeds except for high. Did my research on this site and determined that the resistor pack was most likely the culprit. Replaced it and problem was solved...for a while. A few weeks later, I noticed that when the blower was set to the lowest speed setting that the blower would switch on and off and the A/C light would cycle as well. This went on for a while as I didn't have time to look into it. Then recently, the blower motor would fail to turn on unless you tapped the blower motor housing. This would happen only occasionally and I was planning to replace the motor. A few days before my planned replacement, I noticed a burning smell. I found the resistor connector pack connector was melting. Removed blower motor and took an amperage reading. It was drawing almost 17 amps at full speed. I went and found one at a junkyard and it pulled 11. So far so good. I dont know how long this motor will last but for now it is working well and actually blows harder than the old one and none of my previous symptoms are present. Thanks to all who post. I have learned and fixed alot of things based on the knowledge and walk through posts on this site.
    04 Chrysler T&C
    01 Saturn SL

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

******** We took the time to answer your post. Please give us some time and post the fix. You'll help hundreds. ********

**** Follow all prescribed safety procedures before attempting any repairs. If in doubt, refer to a maintenance manual. ****

96 Gr Caravan LE 3.8, 206K miles
    07 Fusion / 06 RAV 4 / 06 Accord / 94 Camry

+ Reply to Thread