The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Forced to drive a 2010 in MAui man I forgot how big of a difference there was...

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Damoncaravanman 
#1 ·
First of all I do not think that I have EVER seen so many Dodge Caravans or Chrysler T&C's in one place my entire life! There were not hundred of them on the island there were thousands of them in about every configuration.

Anyhow I was forced into driving duty for the wedding party and they had rented a 2010 T&C Touring man I forgot how cheap the interior and unrefined that van is... Compared to the 2011 there seriously is no comparison in any aspect of how much better the new interior and drive train are. When I had my 08 I was pleased with the 3.8 over the 3.3 I had in the wrecked 08 but man now going back to the 3.8 from the 3.6 that engine is so unimpressive. I about killed us because I made a turn that I would be more than comfortable taking in the '11 yup driving dynamics much different!

The only sad thing is all of those 09-10's that are over there and so many people renting them getting a poor impression of what the new van's are all about, all I heard on the trip was how crappy the van was (they own a new sienna) and all I could think was how much I agreed :eekkkk:

Anyhow just some thoughts...

#3 ·
The 2011's are awesome. Just so improved. But man I still love our 2010.

#4 ·
Yeah there is a big difference. I am almost convinced the 2008- 2010 should be labeled as 5th Generation and 2011 and up as 6TH Generation! The new "LLC" took quite a few models and "fixed" them...lol.

#7 ·
I know what you mean, the 2011 is way more refined. Even though my 2011 Limited has leather, I love that Chrysler Dodge has gone back to using a nice soft velour fabric and wish I had it instead of my leather. That tweed gunnysack fabric in the 2008 to 2010 is the reason I wouldn't buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.