The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

'done' appeared on my odometer briefly

58K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  DSMLVR 
#1 ·
The word done showed up very briefly when starting the van yesterday. Anyone have an idea what it may have been finished doing? ...just curious.

#2 ·
Typically, when the computer code scan is complete it will display the word 'done'. Generally it would be preceeded by any "P" error codes if they exist.

You didn't happen to cycle the ignition key 3 times to ON before it showed up did you?

#5 ·
It is very possible that I did cycle it 3 times. I was loading up one of my kids and had to go back in the house to get stuff we forgot several times before we left. So this is a function where you can see the P codes if you have a check engine light? That's cool.

#7 ·
BigDaddy said:
So this is a function where you can see the P codes if you have a check engine light?
Not all of the codes are available this way, but many are. Others correct me if I am wrong.

#8 ·

I think it means it's had it with you and isn't going to take it any more. My wife says the same thing to me so don't take it to heart. It may change it's computer with a good nights rest.

#9 ·
marine1 said:

I think it means it's had it with you and isn't going to take it any more. My wife says the same thing to me so don't take it to heart. It may change it's computer with a good nights rest.
Couldn't hurt to bring it flowers, as well.

#11 ·
Maybe it can't spell and meant to say "dome" instead of "done", to tell you the light was out? These computers are usually pretty smart but sometimes you can get a 'drop out'. I HATE when that happens.
Wow, and you got two dumb ones. Who did you tick off?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.