Super Console Removal

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Super Console Removal

Thanks

Super Console Removal

So this morning sitting at the Tim Hortons drive thru I sat some change on the Super Console sliding cover..........bad move, the money slid inside the console and every time I hit a bump I can hear the change rattle.

I looked underneath and there is an LED light and another small hole. Anyone know how I can get inside to remove the money.

It is not that I am cheap and want it back, I just hate rattles and squeaks!!

The picture shows where it slid inside the Super Console.
    Dash Pic.JPG
    Last edited by huntsvillian; 11-05-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Picture did not load
    2011 Dodge Grand Caravan CREW Plus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

Yeah i hear you on rattles and squeaks. Hopefully somebody can help you with this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by huntsvillian View Post
    It is not that I am cheap and want it back, I just hate rattles and squeaks!!Attachment 3969
    Thank you for making that clear. We don't associate with THOSE kind of people here...uh hu
    ******** We took the time to answer your post. Please give us some time and post the fix. You'll help hundreds. ********

**** Follow all prescribed safety procedures before attempting any repairs. If in doubt, refer to a maintenance manual. ****

96 Gr Caravan LE 3.8, 206K miles
    07 Fusion / 06 RAV 4 / 06 Accord / 94 Camry

Thanks

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    There is a access panel in that little cubby area, if you are on the drivers side go into the pass through cubby area it will be on your right also pull the drawer out will make it easier...

2011 T&C Limited - Deep Cherry Pearl, Black Napa Leather, Sunroof, PWR 3rd Row,
    2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel, 4x4 Quad Cab - Laramie - Fully Loaded with options. Edge EZ, Lots of LED Lighting.

Thanks

I tried that, it only gave me access to underneath the cup holders and the rear compartment on the console. It looks like the only way is to try and remove the whole console.
    2011 Dodge Grand Caravan CREW Plus

Thanks

OK, there is two bolts on each side near the floor and a push pin rivet on each side under the hvac controls. Make sure that you unplug the power jack connectors...

2011 T&C Limited - Deep Cherry Pearl, Black Napa Leather, Sunroof, PWR 3rd Row,
    2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel, 4x4 Quad Cab - Laramie - Fully Loaded with options. Edge EZ, Lots of LED Lighting.

Thanks

Same problem

Is there a way to remove the top of the super console instead of removing the whole console? There is a seam that follows along on each side of the console that meets up in the rear of the super console above the drawer.

Thanks

I had the same problem with my 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T but with a driver's license. There is a way to remove the top of the super console instead of removing the whole console. There is a seam that follows along on each side of the console that meets up in the rear of the super console right above the drawer. I was able to pry (lack of a better term) lightly enough to where the clips popped loose. I carefully worked my hands along the seems forward toward the front while gently lifting from from the rear. Once I worked it all the way forward there are 2 clips that are a little stubborn so I used a plastic knife to pop them loose. Be carefull as there are wires that are attached.

It may not be the right method but I took great care not to break anything as my wife would never let me live it down.

Thanks

I can confirm Bluedragn69_98's Method, My Wife lost her Debit Card the same way as OP. The Dodge Dealer wanted $900 to pull it apart. All I did was Pull out the Drawer, reach under and pull up firm but not hard and the entire top of the console came up, very easily actually. Found $0.45 and our Debit Card. No issues with re-installation, made sure wires did not get pinched. Started with Dash side and just snapped them back down.

Total Time ~10 Minutes, 5 of which I stared at it prior to trying any dismantling.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fryguy503 For This Useful Post:

smgussey (11-10-2012), UN4GTBL (11-10-2012)

Thanks

Yup, that is the way I took apart my console to replace the little change drawer with a DVD player. Just pry up on it starting from the back.
    2011 Grand Caravan Crew | 2011 Prius III | 1999 Suburban 2500

+ Reply to Thread