2003 Chrysler T&C Driver's Power window stopped working

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2003 Chrysler T&C Driver's Power window stopped working

Thanks

2003 Chrysler T&C Driver's Power window stopped working

My wife's minivan had it's driver's side window all of the sudden stop working. It is all the way up. When you push down on the button..nothing. If you hold it down, you hear a click 2 seconds after holding it down.(sounds like a relay clicking) No sign of a bad fuse. Any suggestions? Wondering if motor for power window went bad.?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

I was able to fix my window motor. Cost 0. Time about 30 minutes - less than what it would take to replace the whole window regulator.
    After removing the door panel and lifting the inner liner you will see the window motor and cables bolted to the inside of the door by 3 torx screws (torx 30). Loosen the torx screws enough to remove the two phillips screws that attach the metal housing that contains the armature and magnets from the rest of the device. There are two nuts that slide in small slots. Be sure to watch if they fall out. They can be easily reinserted. The metal housing with the armature attached to the screw portion of the worm drive will now be easy to remove. You will now see two braided copper hoops sticking out from the point where the metal housing came off. These are the problem. They can get caught in the armature. Push them back away from the brushes and where the armature spins. Now take the armature and screw drive out from the magnets and housing. Put the screw portion of the motor back into the worm gear and turn a few times so that it screws in. The metal housing with the magnets will now slide right back on. Tighten the two phillips screws. Tighten the torx screws (you may need to reach behind to the rubber portion they screw into to keep it from turning). Put the panel back on - don't forget to reconnect the electrical connections and door handle. Now you are done. Oh, by the way, the phillips screws are on tight - I used a vise-grip to loosen them.

See also the following link for pics of the motor:
    http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/sho...or-in-pictures

Thanks

The window motor in these is usually the first culprit, one trick I learned from my 2003 when the drivers window went kaput to narrow this problem down is with the van running or at least the key on, open the door and while holding the switch in the down position with one hand, shut the door firmly with the other. If it suddenly jumps back to life its the motor, what happens is as the brushes in the motor wear down they tend to get cockeyed, loosing good contact with the stator, the sudden jolt from the door closing with power applied can get them (temporarily) making contact again. This worked for me for quite a while until I got around to replacing the motor, it was replaced around 70-75k miles.

+ Reply to Thread