No Audio from my RB1

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No Audio from my RB1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atoman View Post
    every '05 limited I've ever seen had the RB1 and infinity from the factory...

since the problem supposedly appeared after someone 'played' with the radio, you can try to pull the IOD fuse for a few minutes (10-15) and see if anything changes (aside from resetting the clock and possibly presets..)
    [that would be the easiest starting point..]

if you get around to pulling the top dash trim, you will have access to the front speakers (they should have amps on them..if they're infinity)

My '05 Limited w/sunroof does not have the RB1 deck; it has the RAZ w/six disc DVD changer at the bottom of the console. Go figure.
    2005 DGC Special Edition
    3.8L 73.5K
    Stow n Go

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

So as an update I am still not sure what's going on, but I think it's the amplifier (part number 05091006AE).
    Here's what I have so far: I have hooked a speaker straight to the rb1 and got sound no problems, then I played my ipod via all the speakers individually and they all work as well. I am getting +12 volts to the amplifier. Turns out my van has an amp installed in a right rear quarter (behind the speaker) and none of the speakers have those built in amps on them (even though they are made by infinity). I was able to find that amp on e-bay for just over a hundred bucks and that's not out of the question, however I still don't know why my "aux in" button doesn't work and neither do the steering wheel mounted ones. So the question of today is what does this amp have to do with those control buttons? I would hate to buy one of these amps over the internet just to realize it's not the culprit. Help!
    2005 T&C Limited, Silver 94K

Thanks

what you're describing in amp location matches what's in the service manual for 05..

the only way the amp can be effecting radio functions is by 'messing up' communication on the PCI bus.. the only way to diagnose that for sure would be a place with a DRBIII or equivalent scan tool..
    you could conceivably just unplug the amp and see if the radio functions normally (if at all?)
    relevant vehicle: '05 -=C=- T&C Ltd @~110K

Thanks

I have unplugged the amp and the buttons aren't working nor there is sound. I have gone to the junkyard and looked at 5 T/C and all of them had different systems some had amps on the speakers and some had neither speaker amps nor central amp. What a variety of configs... I guess I need to swap the amp and see if the sound gets fixed since I don't really care for the steering wheel buttons I was just wondering if they are all related to the no sound.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me how the amplifier in the back works? I am trying to figure out if I would be able to bypass it all together since my RB1 is outputting the sound on 4 channels already. Just a though since I can not seem to find a replacement amp that i could try. Maybe some other suggestion.

Thanks

Infinity amp works similar to simple amp except it also splits the frequency range in two (high for tweeters and low for the larger speakers..) and is controlled via PCI bus

refer to these schematics, you want '8w-47-' #'s 2, 6 and 7

double check that the amp is getting power, ground, and signal from the radio reaches the inputs - if all that is OK, either the amp is fried (likely) OR PCI bus is faulty... (less likely)

If you plan to bypass the amp (and don't want to kill the radio) find out what the output ratings for the radio are - you don't want to overload it..
    relevant vehicle: '05 -=C=- T&C Ltd @~110K

Thanks

As an update I had piped the radio output straight to the front door speakers only and it appears to be working pretty good as a temporary solution. I am not able to locate the replacement amp anywhere. Tried like 15 junkyards and ebay. Maybe I'll post WTB and see if someone on this board is parting out a 2005 limited. Oh well. I am looking for the amp that has a part number 05091006AE.

Thanks

Same problem. Did you ever fix the amp issue?

Great posts. Good details. Any update or ideas on how fix/remove the amp?

Thanks

There is one on ebay for $125

Factory OEM amplifier. Fits 2005-2007 Dodge Caravan and Chrysler Town & Country.
    2001 Chrysler T&C LXi, 2009 Dodge GC SXT - 3.8's

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply