Will it fit?

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will it fit?

Thanks

Will it fit?

I will be moving my son off to college next week and need some help from the Caravan experts. We will be transporting a full size mattress and box springs. I am wondering if anyone has transported a full size mattress/box springs in a Caravan? It looks like it will fit with the measurements but I was hoping someone can share if they have actually done it. Really don't want to rent a cargo van......Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vadawg View Post
    I will be moving my son off to college next week and need some help from the Caravan experts. We will be transporting a full size mattress and box springs. I am wondering if anyone has transported a full size mattress/box springs in a Caravan? It looks like it will fit with the measurements but I was hoping someone can share if they have actually done it. Really don't want to rent a cargo van......Thanks
    Caravan or Grand Caravan?

I don't know what the actual measurements of a "full size" mattress and box is, but the interior width of both Caravans is a hair over four feet; the length is eight feet for the Grand Caravan and I believe the length is about six and a half feet for the SWB Caravan.
    Sold: 1998 DGC Sport 3.8 (Final odo: 178,000 miles)
    Sold: 1998 Chrysler T&C LXi 3.8 (Final odo: 190,000 miles)
    Sold: 2003 DGC ES 3.8 (Final odo: 172,000 miles)
    1999 Chrysler T&C Limited 3.8
    2001 Honda Accord EX-L V6 (4-Speed automatic)
    2012 VW GTI (6-Speed manual)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shipo View Post
    Caravan or Grand Caravan?

I don't know what the actual measurements of a "full size" mattress and box is, but the interior width of both Caravans is a hair over four feet; the length is eight feet for the Grand Caravan and I believe the length is about six and a half feet for the SWB Caravan.
    We got a 4' 1" x 8' 1" sheet of mdf in our '11 grand caravan...it was tight, but it fit

Thanks

A full size mattress is 54". You might be able to jam it in if its flexible, but the box springs won't fit. Length is fine, but the width will be a problem.
    Current: 2012 Mazda 5, 2012 Mazda3 SkyActiv
    Previous: 2011 Grand Caravan, 2009 Grand Caravan SE, 2002 Grand Caravan Sport and several other Chrysler vehicles

Thanks

It will probably fit if you stand it on its side, however, the difficulty will be getting the box spring through an opening into (and out of) the van. I've hauled some fairly good-sized furniture in my 99 GC, but some other things I thought would be OK wouldn't go through any of the doors.
    440 million years ago there was an ice age that lasted 500,000 years. Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide levels were an order of magnitude higher than today. When you can explain that, I'll get serious about reducing my carbon footprint. Until then, I'm keeping the car.

Thanks

I moved a mattress for a friend in college recently. I believe she had a queen size one. The mattress fit diagonally inside the van and the box spring was strapped on top. I'll try to find the thread I started when I asked the same question.

Edit, I found the thread:
    http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/sho...-Will-they-fit
    Candy the van. '98 Sport 3.8L 132,200 miles. Used trans at ~96k. Great piece of my life and a fine van.

'69 GTO drop top
    www.facebook.com/people/Andy-Greif/1410438927

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply