The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

How do you remove the interior panel on the sliding door of a 2010 Grand Caravan?

27K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  naben 
#1 ·
Hello,
I recently purchased a 2010 Grand Caravan. It's great, except for some extreme squeaking noises from the driver's side sliding door when driving (i.e. whenever you hit a small bump in the road). The passenger side seems fine. I am guessing a bit, but it seems like the panel isn't as firm on the driver's side, so I am thinking I need to remove the panel and re-attach (perhaps some clips aren't engaged?). However, I am having difficulty removing the panel and am a bit scared of pulling too hard and perhaps breaking the panel or some clips. Does anybody know how to properly remove the interior panel from the sliding door?
Thanks!!

#2 ·
Maybe your door is out of alignment. Before you go removing the inside panel stand outside and look at the door seams to see if they are even all around.

#3 ·
You will have to pull hard, as the plastic clips are very snug. Start at the bottom and work your way up (pulling away from the door assembly). The top portion of the panel "hooks" onto the top sill of the metal panel, so once you have all of the clips off, move the interior panel upwards. Its hard to explain, but you'll see what I mean once you get it going.

That all being said, if its under warranty, let the dealer worry about it!

#4 ·
I too have a squeaking noise in the drivers slider as well on our Routan, and it progressed into a slight click when the brakes were applied. It is extremely anoying to me, had it back to the dealer a few times, they kept telling me it was the e-brake cable(TSB on it). I just wrapped a little bit of black electrical tape around the door latch pin (mounted behind the drivers door on the b pillar. Two days now and I thing the noise is gone. I have read to grease it, but I know for sure my kids will put their hands in it the rub it on their clothes or the interior, I'll deal with the tape. Give it a shot before you pull the panel.

#5 ·
I could be wrong but on my 2000 the door lock pin you speak of can be loosened and moved slightly inwards to make a tighter fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.