The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Where is the transmission dipstick?

149K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  1994 Sport 
#1 ·
I cound not find the transmission dipstick on my 2010 T&C. If there is no dipstick, then how do you check the fluid level.

#2 ·
I am presuming you have a six speed transmission. From the owners manual:

All six–speed transaxles are equipped with a capped
dipstick tube. It is sealed and should not be tampered
with. Your authorized dealer has the necessary tools to
ensure that the fluid level is set properly.

#3 ·
They don't have one so the novice DIYer can't overfill it or put in the wrong transmission fluid. Check your Owner Manual as per previous Post.
The manual transmission on my Jeep has no dipstick either and I never get under it to remove the plug to check the level. I do check for leaks periodically. Just check for leaks and you should be fine.

#5 ·
Well, I've read the referenced thread and I will add that I hate that it doesn't have a dipstick.

With the reputation Chrysler vans have for eating transmissions, I would have thought they would have added more instrumentation, rather than taking away the one piece of information the tranny can give an owner. (I have a M-B without an engine dipstick, but it has a readout on the dashboard to tell you oil level).

My tranny is shifting strangely and I can't even check the level ! I have to take it to the dealership, leave it with them all day, arrange rides to and from, when it may just be a little low.

my 2c

#6 ·
You can't

You Can't. The dealer has to hook it up to the computer and check fluid levels. You won't even notice a problem until it; starts shifting hard slips out of gear or in seriously cold weather below 10 deg's won't shift at all.
Also has serious prob's w/ leaky trans cooler lines too. Needs to be recalled.

We bought ours second hand low mlg (Dealer) and it's been a nightmare. I HATE THIS VAN. I know why they turned it in. FIAT Fix It Again Tony.

#7 ·
#9 ·
Pretty sure he doesn't care he is selling dip sticks. 3 posts all with links to what is probably his eBay listing.

#10 ·
Because of his only three posts with links to an ebay listing, it seems like he is the seller.

Looking at his ebay history, the ebay seller is an excellent seller.

If you are the seller, you should post on the seller section.

Welcome to the forum, regardless!

#11 ·
I can tell you the IP address he posted from matches the city on that Ebay listing....:thumb:

#13 ·
With me it's closer to this:

Reactions: LEVY
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.