Power seat motor assembly

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Power seat motor assembly

Thanks

Power seat motor assembly

Hello all. I am pretty new to the Dodge/Chrysler world. Just purchased our 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT last fall. I am looking to replace/repair the drivers side front seat power motor/track/assembly...whatever you call it. Recline, forward, and reverse work, but the up and down on the front and back of the seat do not. Appears the gears are stripped (previous owner was a little larger than me.

I've made some inquiries to salvage yards, ebay, internet searches...all with not much result. Oh, the dealer did tell me it would be $600. Not going that route.

Anyone have any ideas or advice? What exactly do I need to replace. The seat itself is otherwise in good condition.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

Other than finding a used power seat, I'd stop by the dealer and see if the parts guy can show you the images of the seat assemblies. Sometimes, that's useful to see the way they sell parts, if it's a sub-assembly or not..

Personally, I'd get rid of the power seat I have in my 05 for a non-power seat. I think it sits too high (I'm 6-1"). My wife would probably shoot me though.

I get printed images and part numbers from my local Chrysler dealer. Then use that when searching ebay and online.

DG

Thanks

If individual parts aren't available from the dealer, I think the junkyard would be your best bet. I don't know if upholstery work is involved in switching the power seat base around as the back reclines.

I have a non-power seat in mine and am happy with it as I adapted a passenger side under-seat drawer into the driver's seat base for extra storage. Those drawers won't fit a power seat.
    2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport, 3.3 flex-fuel V6

Thanks

Thanks for the input. I have thought about going the non-power route also...I agree the power seat seems to sit kind of high...and non-power is one less thing that can break and needs fixing. I don't think my wife is overly attached to the power seat. What does making the switch entail? Can you use the existing track?

My next move will be to go to the parts dept. and get part #'s and images so I do better understand what needs to be replaced and how it is assembled.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks

Swapping to non power, or just replacing the whole power seat is the same procedure. Unplug the old seat, unbolt it, and reverse the process for the new seat. A non power seat just wouldn't get plugged in.
    Candy the van. '98 Sport 3.8L 132,200 miles. Used trans at ~96k. Great piece of my life and a fine van.

'69 GTO drop top
    www.facebook.com/people/Andy-Greif/1410438927

Thanks

my 06 the rear rise also went out, I checked out the prices from the dealer

they did come out with a
    motor and cable package. the part number is 68025684AA, it lists for $175
    but they used to only have the adjuster assembly list price 390$, now this was for my DGC 06

I did look at doing the repair myself

but I got lucky my extended warrenty paid for it

hope it helps
    2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT v6 3.8L
    2002 Jeep Liberty Renegade v6 3.7L
    -----2000 Dodge Avenger, 1991 Eagle Talon, 1989 Dodge Dakota----

Thanks

I got exactly the same problem on the same side seat in my 2002 T&C. One day, several years ago it just started making a stripped gear kind of sound, and the seat won't go up or down. Back, forwards and recline all work perfectly. I have been meaning to take it apart for some time, but never seem to have the free time to do it.

Thanks

Same problem on my 2004 Grand Caravan. All the motors work except for the rear up/down. Seat came out very easy- just 4 bolts from underneath and I was able to reove the pin that holds the motor to the shaft. Opened up gear housing and saw broken gears causing the problem. I am hoping I can just getthe motor gear assembly and replace only that. Part number on the bad motor:
    Gen II B
    Vertical
    8-82494

Anyone know a cheap place to get it?

Thanks

Update to power seat adjuster

Hello everyone. Thought I would give an update. I stopped by the dealer this weekend. I was able to look at a diagram and get a part number--5018883AA. It is the 'power seat adjuster' and comes as a whole unit, regardless of what specific parts aren't functioning. Based on the diagram and their help, it would seem that this unit is attached to undercarriage with 4 bolts, and then the seat itself is attached to the power seat adjuster with its own bolts. If I ever get around to doing the job I'll let you all know. Right now I'm messing around with a catalytic converter on my 2000 Subaru Forester.

I was able to find the part online at several places for $250-$300. I also got a response from an online salvage yard network for the same price--but I haven't followed up with them so see exactly what parts they are quoting me. I haven't gone to any local salvage yards yet which I will do before I decide to buy. Hope that helps.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to n8nabbey For This Useful Post:

sheldon! (04-20-2011)

Thanks

I think I can help with the up/down motor problem. Just send me a message on how to get a brand new motor.

+ Reply to Thread