Town & Country Touring vs. Limited

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Town & Country Touring vs. Limited

Thanks

Town & Country Touring vs. Limited

So, the point here is to discuss the MAJOR diffeences in the two vehicles. What are they? What I am most concerned with is the suspension. Is it all the same or is the Limited equipped with 'better' parts for a smoother ride? I have a 2005, so I would like to keep it in the 4th gen models please. Sooooo, post away if you know. I ask bc I rode in 2 limiteds b4 buying the Touring and it seemed much smoother. Thoughts? On suspension, but other 'extras' too.
    2005 T&C Touring W.P. Chrysler Signature Series
    3.8 V6, most bells and whistles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

I believe the touring vans had a setup more similar to the Dodge Sport suspension. It made the vans slightly stiffer for being a touring highway vehicle. Aka more high speed stability.

If I'm correct, this was done with slightly stiffer springs with a small drop in ride height, and different strut/shock valving.
    Candy the van. '98 Sport 3.8L 132,200 miles. Used trans at ~96k. Great piece of my life and a fine van.

'69 GTO drop top
    www.facebook.com/people/Andy-Greif/1410438927

Thanks

Doesn't the limited have the better leather(perfirated) and the limited floor mats.

I just looked at a 03 and it had 3 zone auto air!
    2006 Town@Country loaded up!

2005 grand stow@go Judi's new blue ride

Thanks

Suspension varies van to van. You may get a Limited with the normal suspension, and you may get a Touring with the touring suspension. No rhyme or reason. The Limited's do have fog lights and the chrome accents on the front grill. But every Walter P Chrysler edition I've ever seen has been a Touring, not a Limited as I had expected. So drive them both, and get the one that you like the best.
    Jeff
    http://www.facebook.com/eddie.munster
    Current:
    2007 Grand Caravan/3.8L V6/103K mi/original 41TE
    2006 300C/5.7L HEMI V8/128/K mi/original W5A580
    2002 PT Cruiser/2.4L I4/139K mi/original 40TE
    1992 S-10/4.3L V6/249K mi/original 4L60E
    Previous minivans:
    1997 Grand Voyager SE/traded@192K mi/3.3L V6/original 41TE
    2003 Grand Caravan Sport/3.8L V6/traded@124K mi/original 41TE
    2007 T&C/3.8L V6/traded@44K mi/ original 41TE
    2010 T&C Touring/3.8L V6/the ex's@72K mi/original 62TE

Thanks

I've already bought the WP Chrysler Touring. Just was wondering, bc it does seem a little stiffer than the 2 limiteds we drove. Still, an awesome vehicle either way. Just wish it had a little more legroom for me(6-3, about 245lbs). Just gets small on long rides. Still love it though. And, I guess as parts wear out, i could replace them with "Limited" parts if I want to. Right??? Should fit????

Thanks

The parts will fit, but you would not be able to use store bought parts if you wanted to clone the limited suspension. You would need factory (dealer) replacements of the struts and springs.
    Candy the van. '98 Sport 3.8L 132,200 miles. Used trans at ~96k. Great piece of my life and a fine van.

'69 GTO drop top
    www.facebook.com/people/Andy-Greif/1410438927

Thanks

As others have said, the suspension is essentially the same. Our '07 Touring (also with the W.P. Chrysler Signature Series package) rides very soft. I never drove a Limited, but I can't imagine it riding any softer. Our '03, by comparison, had a much firmer ride. I think all of the vans were tuned softer beginning in '05. A 2005 Grand Caravan SXT we drove once rode very soft as well. The suspension was re-tuned when the Stow 'N Go came around.

Does your '05 have a rear sway bar? If it has the rear sway bar, and if it does NOT have the Nivomat shocks, you probably have the "Touring" suspension, which should not be confused with the "Touring" trim line. If you have the rear sway bar and also have the Nivomat shocks, your van probably has the Trailer Tow Prep Group [TTPG].
    '11 Toyota Camry | 2.5/6AT | Sandy Beach
    '07 Chrysler T&C | 3.8/4AT | Cognac Crystal
    '05 Acura MDX | 3.5/5AT | Billet Silver
    '97 Dodge Dakota | 5.2/4AT | Emerald Green

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gn300 View Post
    Doesn't the limited have the better leather(perfirated) and the limited floor mats.

I just looked at a 03 and it had 3 zone auto air!
    I will attest to the better seats. They also have a cloth like material around where your shoulders are (wife loves that, doesn't stick to the leather in the summer).
    I believe the 3 zone auto air was standard on the LTD, since all of them that I've seen had it.
    I think the LTD also had standard a lot of features that were optional on the Touring or LXI editions, such as the EL backlighted cluster, fog lights, premium chrome wheels w/full spare, 3 zone auto temp controls, etc...
    2005 Kia Sorento LX 4x4 44,000mi
    2003 Chrysler T&C Limited 3.8l AWD 145,000mi Traded in 9/14/11
    2000 Dodge Stratus ES v6 179,000 sold 7/2011

Thanks

Beginning in '05, the Walter P. Chrysler Signature Series edition was like a parallel trim to the Limited. It included exclusive two-toned leather seating, it had the Limited's upgraded interior trim (woodgrain on the dash and door panels).

It had as standard the RB1 Nav radio (optional on Limited), and the Rear Seat Video (optional on Limited), and the power moonroof (optional on Limited).

It did not include from the Limited, the fog lights, EL instrument cluster, chrome wheel caps, and electronic HVAC controls.

The Limited and W.P. Chrysler Touring had similar MSRPs, but included different features as standard, which was kind of odd.
    '11 Toyota Camry | 2.5/6AT | Sandy Beach
    '07 Chrysler T&C | 3.8/4AT | Cognac Crystal
    '05 Acura MDX | 3.5/5AT | Billet Silver
    '97 Dodge Dakota | 5.2/4AT | Emerald Green

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiefyd View Post
    As others have said, the suspension is essentially the same. Our '07 Touring (also with the W.P. Chrysler Signature Series package) rides very soft. I never drove a Limited, but I can't imagine it riding any softer. Our '03, by comparison, had a much firmer ride. I think all of the vans were tuned softer beginning in '05. A 2005 Grand Caravan SXT we drove once rode very soft as well. The suspension was re-tuned when the Stow 'N Go came around.

Does your '05 have a rear sway bar? If it has the rear sway bar, and if it does NOT have the Nivomat shocks, you probably have the "Touring" suspension, which should not be confused with the "Touring" trim line. If you have the rear sway bar and also have the Nivomat shocks, your van probably has the Trailer Tow Prep Group [TTPG].
    Uh, ummm, I have no idea. Haven't even looked.

+ Reply to Thread