The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Just Replaced Steering Rack Steering Linkage Boot is now not Sealed Glue it?????

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Eager 
#1 ·
OK, thanks to info in this forum, I was able to successfully replace the steering rack on my wife's '95 rand Voyager with a 3.3 L. One detail I forgot to deal with was the rubber boot over the steering linkage. When I took it apart the boot apeared to be "glued" to the rubber boots on the rack (on the lower end), and the boot on the frame, on the upper end at the penetration through the cab. I have not re-glued these boots togather at this point. The boots are butted aginst each other, but are not sealed. Haines manual just says "install U-joint boot". I would call it installed now, but it seemed like the peices were "glued" together with some kind of partable glue/sealer.

Anybody know anything about this?

I was planning on getting under it today and reaccomodating the boot.

I post some detailed feedback on my exspoeriences with the rack change, relative to the info in this forum, later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.