The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

A/c button and fan

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tooltime 
#1 ·
Got a 98 Plymouth G.V. and has had problems with the radiator etc for a few months now. As far as i know everything is fixed or seems to untill today Replaced the relay and a used wire plug old one was broke at the push clip. The wife left and came back and said the a/c and fan was not on. The light for the a/c was on aswell as the fan knob on high She was gone maybe a min and should have been enough time for the fan to come on. What can i do? The climate control area is a little dirty would it help if cleaned it and can i use some dielectric grease on the plugs? Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
You're talking about the climate control blower not coming on correct? Parts in play are the HVAC control panel, blower motor relay, blower motor and either a resistor block or blower control module depending on if you have manual or automatic temperature control. Doublecheck your work on the connector and relay. Check for power at the blower motor. If it's there the blower motor is toast. For further troubleshooting read this: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=340871

"The wife left and came back and said the a/c and fan was not on. The light for the a/c was on aswell as the fan knob on high" That sounds like the climate blower.

"She was gone maybe a min and should have been enough time for the fan to come on." That sounds like you're talking about the radiator cooling fans which should come on within seconds of turning on the A/C. A bit confusing.

#3 ·
She left and came back and said that the a/c was not working. The light was on and it was not working(blowing any air).I opened the hood and the fans there was not on and i was going to open the fuse box and the fans came on. The a/c started working. I went drove it and it worked the whole time. I replaced the relay on the frame and had to get another wiring harness also. It had been misting rain this morning maybe that had something to do with it. Should i clean the climate control when i can and use some of that grease when hook it back up? So yes the a/c did start woking(blowing cold air out) and the fans at the radiator stated working also. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.