New Oxygen Sensor, p0135 & p0032, 2005 Touring 3.8L

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Oxygen Sensor, p0135 & p0032, 2005 Touring 3.8L

Thanks

No, unfortunately I have no update and no progress. I need to find another oxygen sensor brand / model, but I do not know which one to try next. Autozone only carries Bosch. So far, I am not finding any definitive answers on the web, other than "dont' use Bosch". This is damn frustrating.
    2005 Town & Country Touring
    3.8 L V6
    Mobile Comm Center -
    70cm through 20m Amateur Band voice. VHF APRS.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

You said you read most all the o2 posts on the site.. did you read the one from me that said even with the new dealer part, the dealer had to flash the computer to get it all to work correctly?
    2005 Town and Country Limited
    2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Megacab
    2006 32' Dutchmen Colorado 5th Wheel Bunkhouse
    2002 VW Jetta TDI
    "Once you go diesel, you never go back!"

Thanks

I think I addressed that in my original post.

"I saw the thread(s) about the change in sensors during production in 2005. My T&C Touring 3.8L, was manufactured April 2005, a month AFTER the dates listed in TSB 05005. "

I had originally printed the TSB and was ready to head to the dealer with it... And then I checked the date on the van. Close, but no Cigar.
    3.8 L V6
    Mobile Comm Center -

Thanks

Denso?

I noticed the Denso banner ad here for o2 sensors. Any opinions? Any better than Bosch?

Thanks

Dean
    3.8 L V6
    Mobile Comm Center -

Thanks

I would not put it past Chrysler to have the dates of their analysis wrong. That is too close to the time period. I have changed many 02 sensors in my day and the reason I had mine done at the dealer was I read all about these problems people were having with the vans around this time frame. As stated, even my dealer had issues with just changing an O2 sensor. The light came back on on the way home so I went back the next day and they flashed the computer. No problems ever since.

Will be curious to see what the final solution is for your situation.

Fixit
    2002 VW Jetta TDI

Thanks

Well, it just keeps getting stranger.

I found a Carquest store in the area and they had a Denso sensor in stock, so I bought it and headed back to the house to change sensors again.

So I proceeded to pull the last one and then I was about to put this newer one in, when I noticed that the body of the sensors looked a little different. On went the spectacles and a close examination of the "Bosch" that I had just pulled out, revealed the word Denso on the body of the sensor! So I took a close look at the new shiny "Denso" that I had just purchased at Carquest... And it is a Bosch!?!

This must be why most of the mechanics that I know are also heavy drinkers!!
    FWIW, all of the previous Autozone "Bosch" sensors where physically identical.

By the time that I got back home, the Carquest was already closed, so what the hay, let's try it.

After putting the new Bosch (masquerading in a Denso package) sensor in and reconnecting the battery. On goes the ignition and ....
    Drum roll .....

No CEL! KEWL!!

Being the party pooper that I am, I then connected the analyzer and sure enough, p0135 is pending, but not "stored" yet.
    So it took for a ride and about a mile down the road, there was the "ding" and the CEL. Back to the house and the analyzer is showing that the p0135 is not just pending. Of course, this is not surprising.

So, I guess this is progress?!? Just the p0135 now.

I need to call some of the mechanics that I know and drink with them!
    3.8 L V6
    Mobile Comm Center -

Thanks

That's too funny on the packaging. How are all the wires and connection on that sensor? Not sure if you say this post on another forum. Unfortunately, the poster never posted his outcome. Maybe you should try a dealer sensor?

http://chryslerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10503

Fixit
    2002 VW Jetta TDI

Thanks

Every sensor that I have tried has had a perfect fit connector. The wire connections are the same, in fact, they each have the same colors of wires for each connection. That has been the one area of consistency.

Yes, I fear that the dealer will have to be involved. The dealer that we bought from is now gone. The nearest open dealer is a den of incompetent crooks. I could write a book on all of the horror stories that me and my family have had with that place. We have had friends and family that have worked there. They are all unanimous in their insistence that we should all stay as far away as possible from that place.
    3.8 L V6
    Mobile Comm Center -

Thanks

My Local dealer closed too and I trusted them for the most part. The jury is out on my next closest dealer. I fear they are going the path you speak of. I used to do most of my work until we started having kids. I bought warranties instead and some are still in tact. After my recent experience with my Ram Diesel needing to go back 3 times for an oil filter leak, I am back to doing some of this work again. The kids are old enough where they like to watch/help so I understand wanting to tackle this yourself.
    2002 VW Jetta TDI

Thanks

Over the years I've changed 3 O2 sensors on these vans. Bought all of them from the dealer. Never had a problem. I had to change one on my daughters Toyota a few years back. Got a new one from her local AutoZone. Two sensors later I bought one from her local Toyota dealer and presto, problem fixed.
    ******** We took the time to answer your post. Please give us some time and post the fix. You'll help hundreds. ********

**** Follow all prescribed safety procedures before attempting any repairs. If in doubt, refer to a maintenance manual. ****

96 Gr Caravan LE 3.8, 206K miles
    07 Fusion / 06 RAV 4 / 06 Accord / 94 Camry

+ Reply to Thread