Fan relay location?

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fan relay location?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daasch View Post
    Who'd a thunk they'd move that relay around with the different model years? On our 96 it's on the left frame rail under the battery.

That parts guy trying to tell you it was a MAP sensor slays me. Where do they find some of these people? Not all are that bad, thank goodness! But just the same, I trust them about as far as I can throw the parts store building. LOL.

I double-check all the parts fitment myself. Nothing worse than being covered in grease & dirt, halfway through a job, to find some schmo gave you the wrong part! Well, there is one thing worse: when the vehicle you're working on (and have torn apart) is the only means to get to the aforementioned parts place. Now that's aggravating!
    I have a 1997 T&C 3.8 and my radiator fan motor will not turn off....I had removed fuse # 24 that shut off the fan so that my battery will not run down.

Anyone know where the relay is located on a 1997?

Unemployed now 11 months...I'll be doing the repair myself because I am Dirt Broke" r.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

To the best of my knowledge (and according to my 97 shop manual) it is on the left frame rail under the battery - behind the air filter. Here's what the manual says. Sorry, no pictures.

CAUTION: The radiator fan relay is attached to the
    left frame rail near the lower radiator support. The
    relay bracket, and fastener are used to dissipate
    heat from the relay. Ensure the relay is properly
    attached to prevent the following:
    ˛ Intermittent engine overheating.
    ˛ Relay “thermal” shutdown, or relay damage.

Hope this helps.
    Daasch Blitzco
    -1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE. Factory Emerald Green, with aftermarket rust accents ("What rocker panels?!") 192,000 miles (and counting) with the 3.8L and ORIGINAL 41TE. The Spinach-Van!
    -1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE, Factory Rosewood paint with ZERO rust, 3.3l, 175,000 miles. The "new" van. It's a baby. The Eggplant-Van!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Daasch For This Useful Post:

dirtbroker (07-24-2010)

Thanks

Whether it is at the headlight area or battery/frame area is it hard to get to? I am planning to work on it this weekend. About 2 months ago the fan stopped working and the shop said a wire was bad in the motor somewhere. They ran a wire from the fan to the fuse at the battery.The fan has stopped working sometimes and now it is not. I looked and the fuse area was slightly melted. I am going to get a new fuse and fan relay. Could i have to get another fuse box? If so can i get a used one? Thanks

+ Reply to Thread