The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Has anyone tried this?

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Wire tree guy 
#1 ·
Was looking at the sport while waxing, and thought of the piece behind the front tires...could this be removed and installed on the opposite rear well to make like a molded mud flap?

sort of like a trans am flare?

I know its just a van drive it ...but it's mine and it looks different than yours!

#2 ·
You mean in front of the wheel? Criss crossing the parts kitty corner? I would think it would fit. I have a pair of Sport mud flaps if you need. You'd need to paint them, they're Claret red or whatever that super common colour was.

*edit* I just ried it and it is nice and cozy, looks like it was made for it. It looks a little weird though. It's to steep an angle from the body to look like a proper spat. It looks like a mudflap on the wrong end of the wheelwell.

#4 ·
Yeah looks like it works, I just think it looks funny.

#6 ·
No, that's my point. A trans am or an SVO spat has less angle, starts further ahead, and looks to act as a nice ramp for air for being an aero aid. The backward Caravan mudflap looks like a flat wall tat the wind woul dbe hitting practially head on. But it's just my subjective evaluation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.