The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Whats the fuel pressure specs?

30K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  KOG 
#1 ·
What's the fuel pressure supposed to read at idle? I hooked up my fuel pressure gauge to diagnose a harder to start/stumble issue and I read 61psi. My repair manual says 49 psi. That got me wondering if the fuel pressure regulator is faulty. I searched thru this forum and I only found 1 reference to fuel pressure and that post stated something like 59 psi+/-5.

Sooo

#1 Whats the pressure supposed to be at idle?
#2 Anybody ever have the pressure regulator go bad?

Thanks to all.
2001 GC Sport 3.3L 133,000 miles From eastern Iowa

#2 ·
I dont recall seeing pressure higher than 50, but I have only checked my 5.2L engine. for a hard start and stumble, I would clean the throttle body and also the IAC valve. (Idle Air Control) it's cheap to clean (carb cleaner and rags), doesn't take too long, and can't hurt.

#7 ·
Took the IAC out and cleaned it up. It was really not that dirty. I put new plugs and wires on it when the van had 95,000 miles on it.(seems like only yesterday) Its got 133,00 now.
I guess what bothers me the most is twice I've driven to the local convienece store. Less than 1 mile. When I come out, I back out of my parking space, put it in forward and the engine stumbles badly-like I'm surprised it didn't actually stall kind of stumble. Engine runs great all other times.

#8 ·
just a wild guess, but could be your O2 sensors.. (they are supposed to help PCM adjust the mixture..)
to check them out, you need an OBD2 scanner that displays their output (preferably chart format) - both upstream and down..

could also be the temp sensor (if the engine warms up, but coolant level is low/sensor is acting up - cold start will flood the engine..)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.