The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Spare Tire Question

18K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Carbuff2 
#1 ·
Vehicle:

2006 Town and Country LX - long wheel base, Stow and Go seating.

Can anyone tell me if the above vehicle will accommodate a full-size spare in the factory stowage?

I recently picked up a nail in my RR tire on a long road trip and the donut spare was running pretty warm at 70 mph (no surprise) - so I'm wondering if a full-size tire (215-70-15) will fit in the holder.

Thanks!:confused:

#2 ·
70 mph on the doughnut!!!!
Only time I ever saw that, the driver had a 3" wide white cloth around his head with strange oriental markings...:ninja:

But, seriously, you could use the RR tire after it is fixed to do an empirical test. Just drop it into the slot and see if it works.

#6 ·
I recently picked up a nail in my RR tire on a long road trip and the donut spare was running pretty warm at 70 mph (no surprise) - so I'm wondering if a full-size tire (215-70-15) will fit in the holder...
Jason answered your question.

Please help me understand why someone would drive 70 mph on the limited service spare tire, when it specifically says that the maximum speed is 50.

#7 ·
Please help me understand why someone would drive 70 mph on the limited service spare tire, when it specifically says that the maximum speed is 50.
Because Men NEVER Read Directions!!! :bcyclop:

Seriously, IF the "donut" is properly inflated, it can sustain speeds of 70. But the Lawyers are afraid of liability because that skinny tire will drive and handle quite a bit differently than the standard tire. So they ask you to keep it slow.

I had a friend use a donut spare for 3 months on a Dodge Stealth because he damaged one wheel and it took a long time to source a like replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.