The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

OBDC Readings - Do You Get Coolant Temp ?

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  mistypotato 
#1 ·
I was hoping my OBDC reader would show me the coolant temp but I can't find it in the live data stream nor the saved data. Does anyone know off the bat if the 3rd gen vehicles supply the coolant sensors readings to the OBDC plug?

thx

#2 ·
Solved

I have a Cen_Tech ODBII Scanner and it does show Engine Coolant Temp.

The problem was that in the manual, it is shown as ECT while on the Scanner it is incorrectly displayed as ETC.

The reason I know it's supposed to be ECT is because they list all the items on the face of the scanner in the owners manual in the same order AS the Scanner itself displays it onscreen and there is no ETC in the manual at all. At first I thought it might be Euro Translation Code but it wasn't.

This is cool because this scanner can show "live data" as I'm driving and so on long trips when it gets hot I can hook up the scanner and keep an eye on the coolant temp periodically. (Until I install a set of very discrete transmission, engine oil and water temp gauges. Too bad the scanner can't display oil temp and transmission fluid temp :-(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.