The customer may describe a wet front passenger floor or floor carpet. This condition may be due to water (A/C condensate) from the HVAC assembly drain tube.
Verify the passenger side front floor or carpet is wet. Check the source of the water leak.
As A/C condensate leaves the HVAC drain tube, it may run back along the outside of the
drain tube, past the seal, and under the passenger side front floor carpet. If the HVAC
assembly drain tube is the cause of the water leak, perform the Repair Procedure.
Qty. Part No. Description
1 68001994AA O-ring
1. Disconnect the battery.
2. Disconnect the inlet air temperature sensor.
3. Loosen the clamp and remove the inlet hose from the throttle body (leave the other
end attached to the air cleaner housing cover).
4. Remove the air cleaner housing cover.
5. Inspect the HVAC drain tube. Clean out any debris or other restrictions in the drain.
6. Install the HVAC drain O-ring onto the HVAC drain tube, making sure the O-ring is 6
mm (0.25 in.) onto the keyway on the top of the HVAC drain and beyond the slot in the
bottom of the HVAC drain.
7. Install the air cleaner housing cover.
8. Attach the inlet hose to the throttle body and tighten clamp.
9. Reconnect the inlet air temperature sensor.
10. Reconnect the battery.
11. Set the clock to the correct time.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.