The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Need dash light feed on 2007 T&C

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ratsttam 
#1 ·
I have an auxilliary control panel that I would like to backlight with the same dimmable circuit that controls the dash lights. Where is the best place to tap into the feed? Is there anything I need to be concerned about that may cause an error code or some other interference with the OEM panel lights?
Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
I would guess tapping into any of the non-switched lights (door panel??) would be a good place. Also if you can find the wire on the back of the radio or AC controls. I see no reason it would cause an issue. Just make sure you're not adding too much draw to that particular point or you may end up blowing a fuse somewhere.
Verify your point with a volt meter, voltage should drop as the lights dim, but SHOULD start off around 12v.

#4 ·
I guess this would be a good time to ask what you're hooking up, what it's power draw will be like, and if you can overcome that difference by maybe upgrading the incandescent bulbs to LED's for the rest of the interior lighting?

#5 ·
It's a touchpad for secondary controls in a handicap equiped van. Now that I installed the auto headlights, the pad does no light up unless I use the touchpad to turn on the headlights. That really defeats the purpose of the auto headlights.

#6 ·
Just to make sure I understand correctly, the touchpad has a power, and seperate backlite connection? I don't think it would do any harm to tap into the wires on the back of the radio or AC controls. But like mentioned above, the BCM isn't a component that you would want to replace, just so this other device can dim with the same controls as the rest of the lights.

But I do feel for ya. I wish I could dim the lighting on my Sirius radio, even at the lowest setting, it lights up nearly the whole front of the van.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.