The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Location of Engine Coolant Temp (ECT) Sensor

93K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  beat_truck 
#1 ·
Threw my first CEL today (cherry has been popped for this one) and got the code read from my local Autozone. P0128 which states the ECT sensor is bad or the coolant level is low. Coolant level is ok, but upon researching I am having trouble locating where this is. If anyone can provide the location that would be great.

#2 ·
I'm going to guess that you have a 3.3 or 3.8 engine. I believe the sensor is near the front of the engine by the thermostat area.

#4 ·
The coolant sensor (ECT Sensor) is the two wire sensor that is next to the thermostat housing.

(this shows the back side of the engine, as it's behind the ignition coil)

#8 ·
I'm experiencing this code as well. I had to have the radiator replaced recently but the hoses and thermostat were not replaced. The thermostat seems to be working properly as the temp gauge does move a quarter way up from cold and then a little passed it. The sensor seems like it would be quickest and easiest to replace. Is there any type of reset needed after installing the sensor in order to get the check engine light to go off?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.