The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Power Steering Pump Removal 2000 Voyager with 2.4 Liter

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  black95jimmy 
#1 ·
For months my power steering pump has been making a rrrrrrrrrrr sound..So I decided to replace it...I followed the shop manual directions I removed the pump thru the exhaust tunnel. Once I got the Pump off and out I used the puller from Advance Auto to get the pulley off the old pump and onto the new one. The existing pump I removed has a threaded bolt on it that the new one doesn't. Please tell me - Can I get this (what I guess is allthread) out of the old pump and put it in the new one. Looks like there a hole to put it in the new one.

Thanks,
Ply2000

#3 ·
I figured it out there is a bolt that comes off the old power steering pump that threads into the new one...and then there is a cap screw that comes of the old one and goes onto the new one. Exhaust is back on, new power steering pump is installed. Now if I can just get the tension right. I started it up and there's a bit of chatter. So I guessing I need to tighten up the belt. Any advice here is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Ply2000:nut::ThumbsUp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.