The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Tried the latest modified RB1 nav disc today

20K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  2ez24get 
#1 ·
It works awesome. It has the latest maps. The cool things are that I no longer have the "nag" screen and addresses can be entered while the van is in motion. If there were no lawyers, this is the way it would have come from the factory. The only minor drawback is that it seems like it takes 10 seconds longer to load after starting the car.

#2 ·
Questions about it?

Hi, I have questions about your new RB1 disc.
When you say up dated maps, Do you mean they are up to date by locality or perhaps a better definition on the screen?
What version did you change from and to what version now?
And finally Where can a guy find a copy?

All the questions are because I have been thinking of trying the same thing.:beerchug:

#5 ·
Firmware/software updates are on the disc. The system checks the software on the disc whenever a disc is inserted, and it updates the software on the radio if the disc has newer software.

#7 ·
After my update the radio now shows the time when the radio is off; very cool.

#9 ·
Yes; my OEM disk was produced in 2003.

#11 ·
Hello, just a question that occurred to me while reading this post. I have a 2004 nav disk in my 05 T&C.

From the comment about the software update, it sounds like a borrowed newer disc would update my software. But would there be a problem with going back to the 2004 disc for the actual Nav maps? would there be any outright benefits to this in the software itself? I do not know the disc version number without pulling it out.

Just a thought. Let me know what you think.

#12 ·
My old disk is dated 2002 and is AG.

#13 ·
Download and burn. See Link

RB1 DVD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.