The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Sweet tire deal, bought off car being repo'd

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  vanhammer 
#1 ·
I have been looking for tires for a while. I was with a friend who has an 06 TC touring and I admired his tires, he said "If you want them they're yours." His wife died a while back and he can no longer afford the car without her paycheck. He is letting it go back to the bank. He said I could have the hitch too, top quality 2" UHaul hitch.
Went to the Goodyear dealer where he got them about 3 months ago and they swapped the tires off and on both cars, balancing them for 109 including tax. They swapped over the lifetime balancing deal too. They are the Assurance "Fuel Saver" which run $585 installed at Discount Tire here in town.
Sweet! they ride nice and corner much faster with a move of the wheel than the old ones. Everybody's happy!

#5 ·
Rated 8 out of 10 by Goodyear on wet traction. Actually, as far as the bank, the tires I swapped are way better than the 75k on the car, more than a 1/4" tread, but three years old. The bank in this case is actually a predatory finance company. The old guy whose wife bought the car would not sell them credit life because of their age (actually I am looking into it for them, they may have snuck it in) 9.5% interest. They owe 20k and have been paying on the van for 4 years. I think someone saw them coming. They are not real savvy folks, trusting and the dealer/finance folks took them for a ride. He is now stuck with an enormous payment on a car that is now worth no more than 7,500 dollars. He may have to declare bankruptcy. But his feeling is that anything he added, can go. And I can hardly blame him. I am hoping to negotiate something for him, but I don't have much hope.

#6 ·
that's a great deal...

just a quick question though -
can you just add those hitches to a van that didn't come equipped with the factory towing package or do you need to do some other mods to make them work/ride right?

:ask_wsign

#8 ·
I think the TC 05 w/ 3.8 has about everything for towing, except the hitch, already thrown in. Especially for the minor duty towing I would do (trip to the dump, moving junk around in a trailer 8x6).

#10 ·
I consider it my mini bail out. The government check for all my failures has not arrived yet and I am left to my own devices.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.