The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

06 air pressure valve stems replace ?

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Frede 
#1 ·
I have a 06 T&C with 50,000 miles on it and I am going to put new tires on it. What do you think, should I replace the air senser valve stems. now or let it go I just bought the van at don,t know much about the history. It does have the original tires on it. I hear there is batterys in them that can run down.
Thanks for any advice you can give me:ask_wsign

#2 ·
If it were up to me I would replace them. I think they say they last fives years, so you got so time, but while you have the tires dismounted, to me it would make sense to change them. If not in a couple of years when they go bad, you will have to pay someone to dismount and remount again in order to change out the stems.

#8 ·
Vehicles with TPMS seem to require that the TPMS be rebuilt when new tires are put on, so says my WalMart (government rule Walmart says they follow). This only replaces orings and other "wear items." I did not replace my TPMS sensors as I expect them to last at least through the next set of tires (10 years seems to be the industry standard).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.