2013 T&C Starting problem

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 T&C Starting problem

2013 T&C Starting problem

Had a no crank situation the other day on my 2013 T&C. It use the Fobik to start the van. I put the Fobik into the dash, turned it to start, but nothing happened. Dash lights where all lit, but no engagement of the starter. Just silence. Tried to start the van again, and this time it did start. This is the first time something like this has occurred with my 2013 T&C. Anyone else have a similar problem with their van?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Not familiar with the 13 model. But on my 08 I had a fobik go bad and it gave me an error message on the dash and would not crank or anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 2008grandcaravansxt View Post
    Not familiar with the 13 model. But on my 08 I had a fobik go bad and it gave me an error message on the dash and would not crank or anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    This is very interesting. I'm going to switch to the spare Fobik. It's certainly worth a try. There is a lot of electronic stuff on these vans, you never know what can cause a glitch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

I had that happen periodically over the course of about two years on my 2010 T &C and whenever I had them look at it, I didn't repeat. It got progressively worse until the car wouldn't start at all and they had to replace the entire computer system (because there is one part in the integrated computer system that failed). I hope that is not your issue!

Mine does something like that on rare occasions. Sometimes no crank at all, sometimes a partial"chirp" when turned to start. When this happens it will always start immediately by putting it in neutral. For me the problem is rare. It was happening maybe monthly, then didn't happen for over a year until it did it yesterday.
    2011 Town and Country Touring Black w/heated Cloth seats, Uconnect group
    2013 Honda Odyssey EX-L (Wife's car)

The electronics on these vans seem to be a problem. My old 08 GC had the same issue. It would eventually start, but the problem became worse. On that van, I installed a ground from the negative battery terminal to the cast iron engine block. It seemed to solve the issue. My 13 T&C has an aluminum engine block and heads. If this so far intermittent and very occasional starting problem persists, I'm going to run some sort of ground wire from the negative battery to some where on the engine. I already put the new battery in the Fobik to possibly rule that out. I really was hoping that Chrysler would have sorted out the electronics on these vans by the now.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Grinder For This Useful Post:

JC1(05-22-2017)

I have had the same no start issue occasionally as well. When this happens I shift into neutral and it starts every time. I believe the range senor (neutral safety switch) is possibly faulty. It seems to be a bigger job than I care to do at this point so I just put up with it.
    2010 T&C Limited 4.0L

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply