2011 Town and Country Tipm relay fix

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2011 Town and Country Tipm relay fix

2011 Town and Country Tipm relay fix

I know this seems to only plague the 2011s but if your van that spins over but won't start, or fires and then dies. Also if you find your battery is dead the next morning, you may have a bad TIPM. Our 2011 van went to the dealer with the above symptoms and they said bad fuel pump. Our van had 138,000 and was out of factory warranty but the extended paid for everything. Less than 1000 miles later the same symptoms appeared and after researching this found all of the TIPM issues. So I tested it myself and found that the TIPM internal relay was intermittent for the fuel pump. So back to the dealer, and they found that indeed the TIPM was bad. But of course extended warranty would not cover the near $1000 TIPM. So more research found all kinds of options, from a service on ebay that repairs them, disassembling the entire TIPM and replacing internal relay on the circuit board. But the other thing was the external relay fix that chrysler does for the durango's, grand cherokees, ram trucks. I found that almost all models of chryslers use the same type of TIPM with little difference.
    So I bought the mopar relay CBWP RO91 AA. The dealership told me they couldn't recommend this because it was made for another model. I watched a few you tube vids and those guys did it with no problems. I got the instructions in full detail from the dealer and it wired exactly as other models instructions. Works perfectly. No more hoping it will start in the morning. The external relay is heavy duty and came with all connectors and heat shrink tubing all for $20. I did it in about 45 mins start to finish.
    2003 T&C 3.3 221,000 miles

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raveer2000 For This Useful Post:

CampinMike(05-19-2017), RD_3(05-19-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Nice ! It's always nice to save $980 .
    2014 Dodge Grand Caravan 30th anniversary
    2016 Ram Rebel
    1989 Pontiac Trans am GTA

raveer2000,

Can you confirm that the instruction provided by dealer same as Durango's & Jeep's external fuel pump relay installation?

The TIPM could be same among minivan, Durango and Jeep, but the wire color may not be same.

Quote Originally Posted by raveer2000 View Post

I got the instructions in full detail from the dealer and it wired exactly as other models instructions. Works perfectly. No more hoping it will start in the morning. The external relay is heavy duty and came with all connectors and heat shrink tubing all for $20. I did it in about 45 mins start to finish.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply