Need some help! The Red Sled is dying and I dont know why!!!

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need some help! The Red Sled is dying and I dont know why!!!

This morning, another possible cause came to me. Could be the head gasket.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

These years were prone to rocker shaft tower breakage. Maybe remove the front valve cover and have a look?
    Steve
    1999 Caravan LE, 3.3L, 300,000KM
    2005 Saturn Vue AWD (Honda J35 3.5 V-TEC 260HP) 216,000KM
    1982 Suzuki Katana,(ported/shaved head,11:1,4in1,KNre-cal/filters,cam,120HP)

Quote Originally Posted by Katz123 View Post
    This morning, another possible cause came to me. Could be the head gasket.
    Possibly, but its a stretch. I don't have any oil in the coolant, it is fresh and clean, and no bubbles. I also don't have any coolant in the oil it is not milky or cloudy, its just thin and smells of fuel. I also don't have excessive exhaust fumes or vapor in the exhaust. But who knows at this point...I'm just stabbing in the dark now. Timing may be the answer though, as it is running like a washing machine half full of bricks.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Caraman99 View Post
    These years were prone to rocker shaft tower breakage. Maybe remove the front valve cover and have a look?
    Yeah I was thinking that as a possibility too. Probably going to take a peek in there this weekend before I drain the oil and look for metal bits. Likely going to pull the wiper assembly and get at the rear one too... Then I have to help put airbags on my neighbors truck, fix an exhaust leak on my truck, re-pack a bearing on my trailer, install a tow hitch on the wife's SUV. Say anyone else need anything done while I'm at it? I think I'm going to need more beer...

Quote Originally Posted by Tractornoodle View Post
    Yeah I was thinking that as a possibility too. Probably going to take a peek in there this weekend before I drain the oil and look for metal bits. Likely going to pull the wiper assembly and get at the rear one too... Then I have to help put airbags on my neighbors truck, fix an exhaust leak on my truck, re-pack a bearing on my trailer, install a tow hitch on the wife's SUV. Say anyone else need anything done while I'm at it? I think I'm going to need more beer...
    You need more time and more beer.
    If you're changing valve cover gaskets, make sure you get the right ones; they come in insulated and non-insulated. They are not interchangeable. The bolt diameters and gaskets are different.
    Steve
    1999 Caravan LE, 3.3L, 300,000KM
    2005 Saturn Vue AWD (Honda J35 3.5 V-TEC 260HP) 216,000KM
    1982 Suzuki Katana,(ported/shaved head,11:1,4in1,KNre-cal/filters,cam,120HP)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply