Help with Uconnect bluetooth streaming audio



ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Help with Uconnect bluetooth streaming audio

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    62


    Help with Uconnect bluetooth streaming audio

    Just added Uconnect sales code RSP I think. The phone stuff works. They pair they say Bluetooth streaming audio and immediately do not work. What gives? Did I get an incompatible module? Are my phones Samsung Galaxy S6 Active and s7 edge too advanced for my 2008? Was it supposed to unlock MyGig instead? I have an REN dual DVD no Nav head unit. Any ideas?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,328


    Quote Originally Posted by dhonnoll View Post
    Just added Uconnect sales code RSP I think. The phone stuff works. They pair they say Bluetooth streaming audio and immediately do not work. What gives? Did I get an incompatible module? Are my phones Samsung Galaxy S6 Active and s7 edge too advanced for my 2008? Was it supposed to unlock MyGig instead? I have an REN dual DVD no Nav head unit. Any ideas?
    Did you change the uConnect module to a newer one than what it came with from the factory?

    I don't believe that the original 5th gens had streaming BT audio. Pretty sure that is a 2011+ feature.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    62


    That is what I did. The firmware update did not unlock the UCI feature. The bluetooth menu offers a Bluetooth streaming audio the head unit does not allow it. Now my question is. Will an RBZ drop in in place of my REN, it looks like from comments above the RBZ will support bluetooth streaming audio. If I do that. Will I maintain my Dual rear VES?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    62


    Going to attempt an RBZ swap. If it works great, and I can get some money back selling my good used REN with Samsung 30gig hard drive and all firmware updates pretty easy. If not, I can sell an RBZ for probably close to what I paid for it. The RBZ I got is a High speed bus RBZ head unit with the bluetooth sreaming audio available. Seller is giving unlock code with it.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,328


    Quote Originally Posted by dhonnoll View Post
    Going to attempt an RBZ swap. If it works great, and I can get some money back selling my good used REN with Samsung 30gig hard drive and all firmware updates pretty easy. If not, I can sell an RBZ for probably close to what I paid for it. The RBZ I got is a High speed bus RBZ head unit with the bluetooth sreaming audio available. Seller is giving unlock code with it.
    Yes, that should enable it for you!

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    62


    It worked. Thr RBZ was from a Dodge so it first booted up to a Dodge splash screen and had a Dodge logo then went to a Chrysler logo later and on boot up went to a Chrysler splash screen with Uconnect logo. Worked great plug and play no codes no nothing.
    Attached Images

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dhonnoll For This Useful Post:

    lowfat(04-20-2017), UN4GTBL(04-19-2017)

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    13


    Quote Originally Posted by dhonnoll View Post
    Just added Uconnect sales code RSP I think. The phone stuff works. They pair they say Bluetooth streaming audio and immediately do not work. What gives? Did I get an incompatible module? Are my phones Samsung Galaxy S6 Active and s7 edge too advanced for my 2008? Was it supposed to unlock MyGig instead? I have an REN dual DVD no Nav head unit. Any ideas?
    If you don't mind me asking... where did you go to get it activated and how much did it cost? I have been calling dealerships to good an estimate, and the cheapest I have found so far is $150 bucks. That's crazy!

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    62


    I went to Landers Jeep Ram Chrysler in Southaven, MS. 1hr labor as $127.xx after tax. I was going to take it to them anyway to have the XBM sales code put in it anyway. As for the Uconnect I got the module from a 2011, had them unlock it at the same time as the remote start code. It was a big let down when I couldn't do streaming audio had to change the head unit from an REN to an RBZ head unit. Since the RBZ was 2011 streaming audio worked no unlock codes. Also since it was 2011 (pre 2013) no anti-theft so again no codes to unlock just plug and play on the head unit upgrade.

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    62


    I spent a lot and got very little except for EXACTLY what I wanted bluetooth streaming audio, an OEM head unit, an OEM bluetooth, quality no pausy choppy just good working bluetooth with a bit of a pause on start up. BIG DEAL it buffers to give you quality audio I say. and OEM still works with the rear dual VES system. I got what I wanted out of it. Now I want a rearview mirror with auto dimiing, remove the one place the paint has chipped off, polish the alloy wheels to look like chrome, paint the chrysler logos in the center caps, and a new rear bumper. Maybe a later model with newer tail lights you know to give it that Brazilian Butt lift look. HAHAHA. would like to do somehting like UN4GTBL did to his headlights but for daytime running lights only. Hey UN4GTBL do you have the part numbers for those LED strips you used? and where how brand what to get?

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,328


    Quote Originally Posted by dhonnoll View Post
    I spent a lot and got very little except for EXACTLY what I wanted bluetooth streaming audio, an OEM head unit, an OEM bluetooth, quality no pausy choppy just good working bluetooth with a bit of a pause on start up. BIG DEAL it buffers to give you quality audio I say. and OEM still works with the rear dual VES system. I got what I wanted out of it. Now I want a rearview mirror with auto dimiing, remove the one place the paint has chipped off, polish the alloy wheels to look like chrome, paint the chrysler logos in the center caps, and a new rear bumper. Maybe a later model with newer tail lights you know to give it that Brazilian Butt lift look. HAHAHA. would like to do somehting like UN4GTBL did to his headlights but for daytime running lights only. Hey UN4GTBL do you have the part numbers for those LED strips you used? and where how brand what to get?
    Glad to hear!

    Yeah, I'd like to figure out how to use the LED strips as DRLs, as there is an option in the TIPM for several different outputs for them. But in the mean time, the fog lights will work just fine

    This is what I used: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    2 strips per headlight - so you need two of the above kit.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts