The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

?? on 2008 replacement Cabin Air Filter

13K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  nwdc10 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a part number and on-line source for a replacement cabin air filter? The NAPA part #4864 from their web site definitely is not correct - as when I tried to replace it - it was twice the size of the original one.

2008 - Chysler T&C Limited 4.0L

#7 ·
I have a Wix 24864 on the way, I had already ordered it before 2002caravan's post above. ($15.12 from RockAuto) :eek:

I called them this AM and he insisted it was the right part # for my 2008 T&C Touring, and no problem returning if it doesn't fit. I'll let you know if it fits (Friday or so) :ask_wsign

#8 ·
As expected, the Wix 24864 does not fit (12.126" x 9.251" x .906"). I got it from Rock Auto and they were very helpful on the phone and even called Wix on another line while I waited.

The Wix #24479 is the correct filter for my 2008 T&C touring, built Oct '07. Rock Auto is correcting the part # on their website, but Wix insisted the 24864 would fit in my '08. I guess they wanted me to fold it in half or something? :confused:

Rock Auto is replacing it with the right one for me, and said I could keep the 24864 one rather than ship it back. - and the 24479 is a few dollars cheaper :thumb:

The dimensions on the 24479 are 9.094" x 7.873" x 1.181" which matches up with the original filter in my van.

#9 ·
I know I could probably check in my manual, but where is the in-cabin air filter located for changeout?

#10 ·
The manual does have good instructions. :ThumbsUp:

You pull out the lower glovebox by squeezing in the top sides. If you empty it first (like I didn't) you can just let it hang. I just propped it up, but you can also remove it all the way.

Up high in the created opening behind the lower glovebox there is a rectangular cover with two clippy-tab thingys on the ends. Pop that out and pull out the filter.

Caution: remember the correct airflow orientation when you pull it out. It is better to mark or write it down than try to remember as you might go back and forth measuring and checking and cleaning like some people might have done. :rolleyes:

#11 ·
Cabin Filter: Hastings AFC1368 $19, Wix 2479, Purolator C25870

Pep Boys carries the Purolator, although seems to only stock 1 per store, it is surprisingly good quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.