2012 town country leak

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2012 town country leak

2012 town country leak

Hey guys new to the forum have had my 2012 town and country since last summer. I am getting a leak at the upper transmission coolant lines. It's two hoses that connect to the metal pipes. Is this a common issue and is there a tread on this already stickied. I've searchds but find other leak threads. The ones about cooler lines seems to be other models. My hoses are as I think leaking right where the hose meets the metal. I've read after I searches I can just put fuel injection high pressure hose clamps over the oem crimp clamps is this correct?
    Last edited by Master.Legend; 03-18-2017 at 06:47 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Master.Legend View Post
    .....I am getting a leak at the upper transmission coolant lines. It's two hoses that connect to the metal pipes. Is this a common issue and is there a tread on this already stickied. I've searchds but find other leak threads. The ones about cooler lines seems to be other models. My hoses are as I think leaking right where the hose meets the metal. I've read after I searches I can just put fuel injection high pressure hose clamps over the oem crimp clamps is this correct?
    I don't think this is a common issue, I don't believe installing a clamp "over" the OEM one would help, maybe removing the OEM one and using a regular S.S. worm clamp would help.

2012 Town & Country
    2006 Dodge Grand Caravan. 317,000 + Miles. -SOLD-
    Current Minivans I own.
    LEVY --UNKNOWN MEMBER--

Welcome, I think LEVY is right. Not much pressure there, probably save $50 at least!
    Steve
    1999 Caravan LE, 3.3L, 300,000KM
    2005 Saturn Vue AWD (Honda J35 3.5 V-TEC 260HP) 216,000KM
    1982 Suzuki Katana,(ported/shaved head,11:1,4in1,KNre-cal/filters,cam,120HP)

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Caraman99 View Post
    Welcome, I think LEVY is right. Not much pressure there, probably save $50 at least!
    The new hose is about 75 bucks from dealer think it comes with the metal lines attached. If in 5 years the crimp already failed I was thinking I could just put new hoses with new clamps. Anyone ever have this issue. Parts guy at dealer said pretty common when I picked up some coolant. Do both pipes disconnect or is one side welded in to the cooler?? I cannot seem to find a thread with a 2012 in the search. Is there an online manual uploaded on this site? I used to own a 1995 legend coupe that forum helped me with fixes for over 15 years. Thanks guys.

Do both pipes disconnect or is one side welded in to the cooler?? I cannot seem to find a thread with a 2012 in the search. Is there an online manual uploaded on this site?
    Lines are bolted to the AC condenser.

People tried to upload or post links to manuals but were deleted, I believe.

2012 Town & Country
    Current Minivans I own.
    LEVY --UNKNOWN MEMBER--

Hmm so I can unbolt? I guess I'll go buy a manual. If unboltable do I need to do anything to the ac?

Hmm so I can unbolt? I guess I'll go buy a manual. If unboltable do I need to do anything to the ac?
    It is held by one single bolt for both lines.

You don't need a manual, as soon as you see it you will know how easy it is to remove it.

Leave the AC lines alone!

2012 Town & Country
    Current Minivans I own.
    LEVY --UNKNOWN MEMBER--

I was wrong about the one single bolt deal, but still fairly easy.

Here is a picture of an old AC Condenser I had laying around:

2012 Town & Country
    Current Minivans I own.
    LEVY --UNKNOWN MEMBER--

You are the man!!! So just unbolt bolt up the new ones and wala I'm good correct? Or do you think I should pipe cut the old ones and use some new hose and regular clamps? Would I need to flange the pipes is there that much pressure there? Thanks lev again your the man!

...So just unbolt bolt up the new ones and wala I'm good correct?..
    They do not bolt on, they have quick connect fittings, and you will want use one of the special tools made to remove them. See this thread for details: Seeking advice on Transmission Cooler line leak

...Or do you think I should pipe cut the old ones and use some new hose and regular clamps?...
    I did something similar when the second set of hoses in my van started leaking at the crimps. I still had my old set so I re-built them as follows:

1. Cut off crimp connectors and removed the old rubber hoses.

2. Flared the end of the tubes.

3. Attached new transmission cooler hose using fuel inject hose clamps.

4. Installed re-built hoses.

...Would I need to flange the pipes is there that much pressure there?...
    It is relatively low pressure and flaring the ends may not be necessary but I felt it was worth the time for peace of mind.
    2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8) 200,000+ miles
    2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport (3.3) 250,000+ miles
    2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL (3.8)
    Previous Chrysler Vehicles: 1995 Dodge Caravan (3.0), 1993 Dodge Caravan (3.0), 1986 Chrysler Lebaron GTS (2.2), 1963 Plymouth Valiant (170ci)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to georgef For This Useful Post:

JC1(03-20-2017)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply