Is it possible to raise the front end an inch or two?

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Is it possible to raise the front end an inch or two?

Thanks

i guess I am missing something. i read post #3 and not reading where it says I have wrong strut.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Caravan AWD View Post
    i guess I am missing something. i read post #3 and not reading where it says I have wrong strut.
    I didn't mean that. The wrong strut is my observation although post #3 does mention that there are different ride heights with the munroe struts. For what it's worth go to the shop for an expert opinion since you took it upon yourself to change things around.
    2000 Caravan 3 L. 17-20 MPG. 134,000 klm. New tranny at 97 K. 143,800 KM. replaced tensioner pulley, serpentine belt, and power steering pulley, brake light switch.
    Old reliable - 1982 Dodge Ram Long Box 318 Auto 3 speed transmission 66 K.

Thanks

Pacifica is too low.

Same problem but front and rear need raising. This Pacifica is brand new and just took a trip I Thing I drug everything over 6" high. If I had known how low it is, I would have never bought it. If I can not raise, it will probably be traded real soon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jrh4769 View Post
    Same problem but front and rear need raising. This Pacifica is brand new and just took a trip I Thing I drug everything over 6" high. If I had known how low it is, I would have never bought it. If I can not raise, it will probably be traded real soon.
    You are posting on a very old thread, they are talking about the old Pacifica.

Try posting on the New Pacifica section: 6th. Generation Section

2012 Town & Country
    2006 Dodge Grand Caravan. 317,000 + Miles. -SOLD-
    Current Minivans I own.
    LEVY --UNKNOWN MEMBER--

Quote Originally Posted by jrh4769 View Post
    Sounds close to Honda Odyssey territory as to ground clearance.

The most significant exterior difference is in ground clearance. The Honda Odyssey is just 4.5 inches off the ground, and the Chrysler Pacifica is the only other van with less than 6 inches of ground clearance. The Kia Sedona sits atop the rest, measuring 6.7 inches between underbody and the ground below.
    Last edited by Jeepman; 04-09-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    2007 GC SXT - Magnesium - S&G - 3.8L - 173,000 kms
    2002 GC Sport - Stone White - 3.3L - 358,500 kms
    2003 Jeep TJ Sport - 4.0L - 279,000 kms

The cheap way is the spacers, then get an alignment. THe cheaper way is used Tennis balls, and NO alignment. There is a third way. Just stop eating so many cheeseburgers. Worked great for me!. :-)

Besides that, you can spec springs from maybe an explorer on the cheap or just get some custom ones from Eibach.

After that of course, you got Hydraulics, and Air ride. Or rip off the system from a citroen. (dream right there) or go all out with fully active shocks made in Japan that control ride height and ride.

Older Toyota supra's has this.

Your other option is an active roll bar. You can use that to adjust your ride height. I think I did a post about it a while ago. you have to use hydraulic for a STIFF ride and pneumatic for a softer ride. you install them in place of the solid linkage.

Like this:

They sell them here:
    http://pitstopusa.com/c-134506-suspe...adjusters.html

I talked about this a while ago on how to make a simple system for Volvo 240s
    http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=216526

And if you are really in for some REAL ride control. The bose system and then this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetorheological_damper

Thanks

I'm new in town. I went from a big 2500 Dodge Diesel to the new 2017 Pacifica, wanting a smaller note and lots of inside space. Picked the Pacifica mainly because of the stow n go seating. What I did not figure was the low down ground clearance. Now I can hardly pull off the road anywhere without hearing scrapping noises. Anyone ever raises one of these soccer mom vans a little, if so how? I would like to raise it all up, front and rear.

I know this thread is old but I gained ground clearance just by going with bigger wheels.
    The tire size choices s were limited on my 14 inch rims with the 5x100 bolt pattern so I used a set of 15 inch PT cruiser wheels and 205-75-15 tires and they fit like they were made for the van.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply